Meet Harvey

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
Earlier in the year I bought a new horse called Ben who sadly didn't work out for me. I had lots of messages of support on this forum which helped at a difficult time. After a period of regrouping I decided I would try again. I found that prices had increased and the type and size of horse I wanted seemed thin on the ground. Eventually I found a dealer that nobody had a bad word for. I visited several times so they could assess my riding and eventually we found a horse that looked like he would do the job for me. I have some reservations about how I will cope with some ongoing health issues (mine not his) but decided I would give it a go!

So - meet Harvey. He's 17hh rising 7. He has no breeding in his passport, but he is from Ireland, and to me seems typical of Irish horses in that he's a friendly all rounder. I had a saddle fitted (my my saddler) at the dealer so we know if I have any issues the tack fit is less likely to be the problem. They also gave me his bridle and bit.

He arrived late Saturday to my new livery yard which has a floodlit school and a jumping paddock (unlike my old livery which had nothing).

I rode him in the school on Sunday and he was a bit looky, jumpy and excitable but calmed down after I rode lots of transitions. I'm planning to hack him out next week - the hacking around us is quite good (and all new to me)

Anyway - you are probably bored by now and wondering where the essential pictures are....
(The matching shirt was completely accidental BTW!)

i-ptnPqxk-XL.jpg

i-ppgvqGB-XL.jpg

i-SNm7vBR-XL.jpg

i-T4w86Rn-XL.jpg

Hurray!!!! So glad to see this post. Harvey is gorgeous. Absolutely my perfect type of horse. Got to love a solid Irish horse.

Reactions: GaryB
I LOVE the fact that you are perfectly accessorized with your horse!

He looks fab. Looks like my friend's Irish Draught actually! Hope you have many happy years together.

Absolutely gorgeous looking horse! Love his name too :) and ditto reds definitely his colour!
Fantastic shot of you both cantering - one to be framed and sit above the chimney me thinks:cool::D

Looks lovely. Genuine sort.
Could be Irish Sports, not got the typical ID face or heavy neck.

GaryB I remember your thread and was literally just wondering how you were getting on!! Congratulations on this boy - he looks fabulous and you look really good together :D I hope your health doesnt get in the way and wish you many many happy times with this lovely boy.

Reactions: GaryB and newforest
Welcome to the board Harvey!

What a lovely horse, love his big head and kind face. You two look a good match, hopefully a beautiful partnership in the making :)

newrider.com