Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Motion sickness

Discussion in 'Ringside Chat' started by orbvalley, Jan 13, 2018 at 8:17 AM.

1. orbvalley

orbvalley Well-Known Member

I had a small jumping lesson the other day to work on impulsion and steering plus speed up my slow brain! Wore my head cam as my RI's hat wasn't available so she couldn't wear it for me as per usual.
    When I got home and watched the video it gave me motion sickness! Yet no probs in the saddle!
    Here it is just because I'm so pleased with myself:p

GaryB, Lissie, Trewsers and 3 others like this.
  2. Bodshi

Bodshi Well-Known Member

Fab! Cocaine seems to be enjoying that? But I was enjoying watching the video, you were just coming up to a fence that looked quite big and then it suddenly went off and said it couldn't be played. Just at the critical moment ... when is the next episode please?

orbvalley likes this.
  3. Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Ziggy Learning together!

Oh fantastic! You are coming on with her! Was that all out of canter, too? Gosh I am full of admiration!

orbvalley and Taffie like this.
  4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Trewsers

Trewsers Well-Known Member

How fabulous! Go you two:D

orbvalley likes this.
  6. Ale

Ale Well-Known Member

What a lovely round that was to watch! You look for the next jump nice and early too which is something I really struggle with!

orbvalley likes this.
  7. orbvalley

Sorry the video collapsed on you @Bodshi - to put you out of your misery there were no quite big fences so you wouldn't have missed much;)!
    @Jane&Ziggy - it was supposed to be all at canter but we tumbled back to trot for a few strides after the 4th as we landed on the wrong lead
    @Ale - I've only just managed success with looking for the next jump early during this session as the jumps were nice and low and well spaced out. It really helped as I could concentrate more on where I was going next rather than worrying about getting over the jump!

Ale likes this.
  8. Bodshi

Bodshi Well-Known Member

Haha, I've seen the full thing now and yes the jump was quite big and yes you did jump it - was a bit of a cliff hanger the first time I watched :D You actually made it look really easy. Am I dreaming or did you post a while ago about Cocaine losing her jumping mojo? If it was her she's clearly got it back now.

9. orbvalley

@Bodshi - LOL you're too kind:D

You're right about me posting recently that she'd suddenly taken to stopping in front of jumps - unfortunately for me this has stuck with her since as her new game:rolleyes: What I have to do now is commit us 100% to the jump in front of us otherwise she'll just stop. I'm quite sure she does it just to spice things up a bit as she generally loves jumping. For example I brought her in today and decided not to ride but as she was a bit fidgety I let her loose in the school to blow off some steam. She hoollied round the school at full gallop tail in the air blowing like a dragon. The jumps were still up and she took great pleasure in leaping about all over them:D She is funny but she can also be a great big handful!

ETA: she lives out 24/7 with hectares and hectares of space in a herd of 4. She's got all day to hoolley around:rolleyes:

Bodshi likes this.
  10. Lissie

Lissie Well-Known Member

Woohoo, that looked fun! Love the flying mane.

orbvalley likes this.
  11. Prjsmk

Prjsmk Active Member

Well done, looks like fun

orbvalley likes this.
  12. chunky monkey

chunky monkey Well-Known Member

Curious what's your arena fence is it green tape, or tape and wire. It looks like 3 strands but can't see of what.

orbvalley likes this.
  13. orbvalley

@chunky monkey - its called "Ruban de cloture" in English it looks like its called Polytape? Its brown and is a kind of mesh. Extra good strong sturdy stuff, never seen it break once!

14. chunky monkey

chunky monkey Well-Known Member

Ok thanks now I watched the video again I could pick it up. Yes your quite correct it is polytape. Mainly white or green over here. I use it in my field for my electric fencing. I need to put up a lunging/round pen in my field and was considering polytape done with plenty of polys but wondered if it would be good enough to work the horses in. Saw your arena fence was not the standard post and rails and thought my idea isn't so far off. Just couldn't see what you'd got.

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties