Name your one favourite film, any rating

Richard Gere is yummy! (Yes he is twice my age but hey ho :p. ) I'm really a George Clooney girl though... now there's a man who's aging like a fine wine :cool:

Reactions: newforest
I love Trevor Eve, i do like older men though :rolleyes: also Idris Elba who is not so old but loved him as Luther. Looking forward to seeing The Mountain Between Us with him in it!

I liked Richard in Mothman prophesies but im not really into the cheesy romance is is often known for.

Excalibur. The John Boorman version circa 1986. Has some good actors in it, Helen Mirren, Laim Neesan.

The only thing I could say about this is thankfully it had horses in it.
Watched but not my thing. Liked the saddle attire though nosed at that sheepskin.

If I could watch one film over and over again, it would have to be Top Gun. I loved that film as a teenager and still have a soft spot for Tom Cruise (until I remember how crazy he is!).

Reactions: newforest
The only thing I could say about this is thankfully it had horses in it.
Watched but not my thing. Liked the saddle attire though nosed at that sheepskin.

At the time I first watched it, I hardly noticed the horses - tho Lancelot did have a nice one!!! I guess it appeals to me very much because it's an ancient legend - and I guess some stories just click. :)

It's interesting to look through other films. I wouldn't have picked this, but then I haven't watched any of the legend types.
There was some Prince of Thieves I didn't watch, not read or seen Harry Potter for example.
I think I got a far as the queen sneaking off with Lancelot and thought :rolleyes: Even in legend people can't stay faithful!

Reactions: Trewsers
I watched a movie called Boyhood the other night. Would recommend for someone who doesn't necessarily like quirky movies but wants to see something that's a bit different. It was filmed over 10 years - you literally watch the young actor, and the girl playing his sister, growing up on screen. They used the same adult actors for the same roles too. It's not a movie that will " blow you away" in terms of story, it moves along slowly and there's no real climax to it, it's more about the character's childhood and journey than one specific event. I thought it was very smart. Plus the parents are played by two of my favourite actors!

Reactions: MrA
Tried but couldn't get on with it. Had to Google who the characters were, only knew the Hulk.
They were arguing with each other and someone nicked that blue thing.

@newforest hope you enjoy it, I lovr Liam Neesons voice. 2 or 3 I think, the first is the best though. Defo worth seeing the other 2 I mentioned as well if you like action especially the equalizer.

newrider.com