New regalur horse

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
I seem to have a new regalur horse at my riding school his name is Barney. I think he's more diffcult then the horse I used to ride regalurly may. Or it could be just me.

The things I thought I was getting the hang of before I do seem to have difficultly on him

Reactions: GaryB and Trewsers
See it as a positive that your RI feels you have progressed enough to ride a more challenging horse :D if they let you stick on the easy one the whole time you wouldn't really learn to be a rider, just how to be a pretty passenger ;)

May would stay in front of ride without you asking too much Barney you really got to work to keep in the fount he likes to sundelly go round to the back or turn in makes trotting difficult. :)

May would stay in front of ride without you asking too much Barney you really got to work to keep in the fount he likes to sundelly go round to the back or turn in makes trotting difficult. :)
He sounds just the type that will teach you lots :)

I'm also on a more challenging horse recently: a younger, sharper mare who is "definitely not a novice ride" according to my instructor! I take it that means (according to her) that I'm not a novice anymore, which is flattering.. but it's a *little* hairy at times.. her canter is so, so much bigger than the old chap who was my regular ride it's exhilarating and scary, and much harder to sit to (to be fair I'm a bit big for her usual dressage saddle, so I've asked if there are other saddles on the yard that would fit both of us. Despite the fear... I think I'm in love! She's mare is so quick off my leg it's amazing. I have to remember not to use any once the trot is established.. when I dismount at the end of a ride I realise I have not had to work nearly so hard.

It's good to ride different horses, and you have to trust your instructor when they say you are ready to step up, but I know what you mean about it feeling like starting all over again!

well i am still begiiner becasue i'm still in grade 1 the lowest grade i don;t canter yet

newrider.com