Northern lights

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
So we're 40 hours into a predicted 96 hour storm which means the northern lights should be able to be seen from the UK (if the sky is clear), the North has more chance that any of us down south, has anyone spied them yet? I saw them years ago in the US, I'd love to catch another glimpse though :p

Just been outside to have a look - no sign here (East Yorkshire) but judging by the wet stuff that fell on my head I'm guessing the sky is not clear! Shame, I'd love to see them too.

Reactions: Jessey
The aurora app was flashing this morning!lol was it meant to be happening last night?! I was in bed by ten thirty. Mind you, I did see a lovely cruise ship all lit up the night before from my bed.

it is happening all the time at the moment, until tomorrow I think, its just you can't see it in the day, when its cloudy, the moon is bright or if there's light pollution, early morning is meant to be the best time to see it as there's less light pollution then :)

it is happening all the time at the moment, until tomorrow I think, its just you can't see it in the day, when its cloudy, the moon is bright or if there's light pollution, early morning is meant to be the best time to see it as there's less light pollution then :)

I'll have to look tonight. I have seen them once since moving up here but only sort of vaguely and briefly as it wasn't a good night, it was a little over cast.

Reactions: Jessey
I'd love to see them. I've been to lot's of places where they can be seen, but always at the wrong time of year...

The clouds cleared here but I couldn't see anything, planned to go look again early this morning but didn't remember until after it got light :rolleyes:

It was cloudy here too. Dom and I went outside hopefully at about 11.30 to have a peep (we get gorgeous views of the stars thanks to the darkness where we live and little light pollution) but no joy....

newrider.com