NSEA Competition Debut.

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
Not sure how interested anyone will be in this - but I am ECSTATIC and so proud so I am going to tell you all about it anyway!! My kids go to the large local comp which did not have an Equestrian team. So I set one up at Christmas. I am on a training yard and my YO agreed to be the team coach. She has worked hard with all the kids since Christmas and we had our first county qualifier yesterday. Only 5 riders available for selection! And those 5 rode 11 rounds in every class up to 100cm. 9 rounds were clear and the other 2 just had 4 faults.

We only had a team of 3 riders so all rounds had to count - could not drop a round as the best 3 (of 4) count. All 3 riders rode fast clears in the team competition and we were 2nd in the county missing qualification to the finals by 1 place. So so close and way above expectations! We really were just there for experience!!!!

Honestly there were huge beautiful boxes arriving from boarding schools etc with team colours, matching show rugs etc. Then there was our motley crew! But it's the riding that counts and they rode so, so well.

Onwards and upwards for this little team.....

Max giving things plenty of space as usual!!

29511479_1711556012257806_6471136494316181249_n.jpg

What a lovely happy post and well done to your team, as you say 'on wards and upwards' there will be no stopping them soon. :)

Reactions: KP nut
Wow, well done! That really is a great achievement, they should all be really proud and proud Mum too!

Reactions: KP nut
I am so pleased for her. At the last competition she was at, she came off and injured her elbow. Needed 4 weeks off riding. After that she was very nervous and riding quite tentatively which does not suit Max at all. He can be a little unsure of some fences and needs confidence from his rider. I think being in a team really helped - she did not dare be the one to let the side down! Especially as all rounds had to count. So she kicked on and he flew round.

Ginny-Baby-Pony also had a super clear. She really does need riding on confidently at new venues so Katie did well to ease her round. Once she gets more confident she will be fab. She has a great jump.

Next stop for our team is NSEA arena eventing at on 17th June. I've got a couple more riders available for selection that date so we will do a few training sessions and see what teams we can pull together. Hopefully we can get 4 riders - that spare round is very nice to have!

newrider.com