Number One all over

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Ziggy was clipped out today in the hope that it will prevent him getting dermatitis at coat change.

He was so unbelievably good. He stood on our front grass absolutely still even when I stepped away to get a damp towel or take a picture. I think he liked it - parts made him stretch his neck and wobble his lip!

He looks little and smart now. And clean (temporarily). The fluff stuffed a big black bin liner completely full!ziggyclip.png

I still will do her bib and part belly. She is growing her summer coat in places as it's dark spots! I thought it was dirty but nope almost got a dorsal stripe.

He's gorgeous and I bet he's far more comfy now, wish I could whip all ales off!

He's a good boy :) Let me know if it helps? Jess is getting it again this year, mostly on her legs thus far, I am loathe to clip her this late, she already looks patchy on her Xmas clipped bit, but perhaps next winter I just need to have the lot off at Xmas if it helps :)

@Jessey it's the legs that always get him. Funny as my clipper suggested whipping it off, and then forgot that his legs needed doing! Fortunately she had enough time to do them too.

I will let you know if the scurf and dermatitis stay away this year. Though Ziggy is very heavy coated - Jess as a QH I always imagine having short racehorse fluff, like Mattie?

Reactions: Jessey
@Jessey it's the legs that always get him. Funny as my clipper suggested whipping it off, and then forgot that his legs needed doing! Fortunately she had enough time to do them too.

I will let you know if the scurf and dermatitis stay away this year. Though Ziggy is very heavy coated - Jess as a QH I always imagine having short racehorse fluff, like Mattie?
She has a very dense coat, but is slick coated on her body, but her legs get courser in winter, she even has a couple of inches of tuft down the back of her legs and fetlocks.

I'm sure its not been the first thing on your mind lately, but did the clipping help his legs? Jess has huge chunks of skin/hair coming off so I'm thinking for next year

Yes @Jessey very much so - no dermatitis at all this year. Be thankful for small mercies! But you can see he is very fluffy, much more so than Jess I am sure.
Yes he's probably more fluffy, but I think I'll try it next year, she's lost a huge patch on one back leg 3x2" and smaller patches on others, and there's more that might go yet :( not that it seems to bother her too much but I'd hate for it to get infected.

Yes he's probably more fluffy, but I think I'll try it next year, she's lost a huge patch on one back leg 3x2" and smaller patches on others, and there's more that might go yet :( not that it seems to bother her too much but I'd hate for it to get infected.
I checked his legs today while grooming him. He is still losing his winter coat in drifts, it's just little short bits that are coming off! And his legs are not scurfy at all. I'm happy with that outcome.

Reactions: Jessey and PePo
newrider.com