October Baby

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Well if she had her way she would dropping one this time next year.
Poor cold chilly foal with no warm floof.

She is nookie mad!! Doesn't get it from me. :D
I don't do babies human or horse.

Kia’s bringing them into season still :rolleyes: Randy old sod. He’d happily play with her and fires blanks so win win ;)
Yes win win. That's what I need a blank one. She has um three who follow her about but they don't know why. One nibbles that's about it, was cut late.

Yes win win. That's what I need a blank one. She has um three who follow her about but they don't know why. One nibbles that's about it, was cut late.

Oh no Kia will do the deed. I get sick of people moaning about it. If the mare stands for him then what the heck can I do about it

Annie's busy squirting and squeaking at the two pony geldings she's sharing a field with. Luckily they are gentlemen and not doing anything to encourage her but they are definitely in love as they've been following her around like the Pied Piper's rats :rolleyes: It's funny because she never used to be this tarty, I used to only know when she was in season because she was marginally more shouty than normal.

I've not seen Gracie display any tarty behaviour but she does periodically get more shouty so I'm beginning to think that's when she's in season. That's all I get, she's no different in her mood, thankfully.

Mine can be a little x rated. :D She walks differently if she walks past as one example.

I can't tell when Lottie is in season except she winks when she has a wee but the first time she had a season I didn't even notice that until someone else said lol. She doesn't seem to change at all, was in season a few weeks ago when I took her hunting and there was a stallion out and she was no different. I've never had a mare before as thought they were hard work but she's no different to geldings I've had. Different personality but all my boys have been different too. She's also never made a sound, not once. Starting to think she's mute or if the tongue injury makes it more difficult to neigh. Do they use their tongues to help produce the sound like we do when we talk?

Hahahaa I think Chloe reaslised Zi was firing blanks pretty early on lol she's not come into season for a few months. Neither has Storm. Someone should tell the boy though lol he stands close outside their byre letting it all hang out:p:oops:

Mine is fairly mute @Lissie. The most I get is a very low rumble nicker when I approach if in season.
A loud nicker that says the grass is gone we need to move I am starving, in season only- she eats more. One observation don't know if that's mares in general.

Rare to hear her neigh though.

@newforest ahh ok, we literally never hear a peep from her. Horses in the fields call to her but she never calls back. Maybe it's more that she isn't that interested, she's very independent.

@newforest ahh ok, we literally never hear a peep from her. Horses in the fields call to her but she never calls back. Maybe it's more that she isn't that interested, she's very independent.
Mine doesn't either. Her boyfriend will even wait and get her and she can just walk by. She is independent but she does like the herd. Had been known to call if she can't see them when I put back. ( probably because she can't be bothered to find them)

Mine doesn't either. Her boyfriend will even wait and get her and she can just walk by. She is independent but she does like the herd. Had been known to call if she can't see them when I put back. ( probably because she can't be bothered to find them)

Yes Lottie likes company, in the mornings she'll often stand close to the fence with the other horse and sometimes groom. She has individual turnout but has horses next door. She has often had to be out alone though and doesn't seem to notice, apparently when everything else comes in she barely looks up.

50% of the time she strolls over to me so I did an experiment by taking an apple out. I actually had to eat it really loudly before she decided to start walking.:) If I come it's because I want to not for food. If I don't you walk. ( you have seen the size of my field!)

Reactions: Lissie
Aww at least she's coming over because she wants to not just for food though! Yes I have, I'd be training her to come by whistle :p

She does on the lunge and loose. No idea how I started that though. Possibly when the builders came in with a jcb I had something to get her attention quickly. I still do it.

Reactions: Lissie
newrider.com