One green rider and one green horse

Drummer & Eli

Nov 1, 2007
Somerset
well if anyone was going to give it a go, it was going to be me :rolleyes::)

Eli is my new horse, irish sports, 15 - 15.1hhs 5 or 6 yrs old

2 1/2 weeks on and so far so good, we are going from strength to strength. He does not seem to be a psyco nor a small blonde killer :D I know that two and a half weeks is not long, but trust me, it is 2 1/2 weeks longer than i thought we would not run in to problems :)

On the ground: He is fab, i can catch turn out, clean out feet, groom, rug, unrug, tack up and get him to stand at mountain block. He also seems less wary and quite a cuddley boy. The silly horse seems rather sweet on me :) Refused treats from my nan yesterday and took them from me (had a few similar things like that, silly horse looking to me as his mom lol) :p

Under saddle: So far so good, traffic is less scarey, RI schooling 3 times a wk (one lunge in that) im doing all the hacking and loving it. I hacked him alone yesterday :) and he was a good boy and also shared a lesson with RI...very very different to D is all i can describe - his paces :rolleyes::)

Already he/we are improving, his lunging is improving, his working through the back is coming along, his muscles in traffic do not tense although still a little wary at times, he goes near the mountain block, now picks all of his feet up in turn, no headcollar to turn out, not tense throwing on and off rugs, hacked alone, very relaxed on the ground and enjoying the love

and is at present in his stable mesmorised by a snack ball!!!!

so far so good ...... for 2 weeks

We are off to a sj comp on sunday......just to warm up and then come home :)

Hey D&D,

Nice to hear from you and congrats on getting Eli!

It's lovely to hear you're getting on well - good luck with your outing next Sunday, looking forward to hearing all about it :)

Great news - well done. Sounds like you are making good progress and establishing a stong bond. :)

Hi there

D is good. he has a very random clip, curtesy of Langford hospital :) he has some activity and change in vertebrates in neck and bursa's between vertebrates in middle of back. they are unsure which caused the pain, so we will bring him back in to work, jump him, eg make him hurt and take him back to langford to be nerve blocked

we decided not to do this until spring as not fair as cant bring him back in to proper work in the winter. ddj now owns D though :) and they are enjoying quiet weekend hacks together

will get pics on here soon

i workin in office at yard :)

newrider.com