Only open if you are not eating

Hmm. Presume they aren't just bits of random dirt????!! in the wild maybe they'd not happen? Swimming in rivers and all that?!!!

Where are they from? I haven't seen anything like that on Lottie, is there a bit I should be cleaning and not? Forgive my ignorance not had a mare before.

Where are they from? I haven't seen anything like that on Lottie, is there a bit I should be cleaning and not? Forgive my ignorance not had a mare before.
That's from in between her teats. A combo of sweat, dirt and dead skin cells according to the vet page I just read. Nice.
I checked because she did the odd stamp and that's the resulting build up.

Hmm. Presume they aren't just bits of random dirt????!! in the wild maybe they'd not happen? Swimming in rivers and all that?!!!
I'd be interested to know if it just drops off. She would cross rivers maybe in the wild unless she could use a bridge. She doesn't do dirty or wet as a rule. So wouldn't have made a good farm horse to plough had she been bigger. :D

Oh I bet she feels more comfy now! The mare equivalent of The Bean.....but slightly less intimate!!

Yep that's what jess insists I remove regularly, none of my other mares needed (or insisted on) doing so regularly.

I must steel myself and clean Flash’s sheath. One bucket for the warm water with some sheath cleaner in, second bucket for me to puke in...:oops:
You might not need ' special' cleaner. Just be careful what you opt for.
I didn't use any water because it's really cold and didn't want chapped girly bits. But usually I would opt for a cream to soften, that I know she's not allergic to.

Reactions: HaloHoney
Someone came to the yard and was doing a load of other geldings- so I spent the best £15 ever, & Flash trotted off like a new man. :D

newrider.com