Pegasus

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Does anyone feed any Pegasus feed products on here? If so, why and what do you like or not like about them? I am tempted to try some of their basic pony nuts for the girls. Atm they have the Dodson and Horrell ones, but I noticed our feed place also sell Pegasus brand. I am curious and do like trying new things. My friend feeds their coarse mix which is what prompted me, but she's away right now so I can't ask her.
Thanks in advance.

We use their pony nuts in the orange bag to fill treat balls up, my lot seem to have no issue with them and quickly hoover them up. My friend feeds hers their course mix and has done for a few years now. x

Reactions: Trewsers
Pegasus are the 'value' brand of Spillers and Hilight are the Baileys equivalent. YO feeds both as a basic feed to those of her horses and liveries that aren't competing. Raf gets them now too - after all the searching I did for high protein, low carb feeds when he was being really fussy with his food, we eventually gave him these bog standard cheap by comparison pony nuts and he eats up. When I was researching I read a whole long thread on H&H forum about cheap versus expensive nuts - I wasn't much wiser by the end because of course everyone had their own opinion - but it was quite interesting!

Thanks guys, think I'll give them a whirl then. I like to give them something a bit different anyway - it keeps Storm's interest otherwise she won't always eat her supplements like Nutraquin etc. And none of ours compete (lol that'll be the day!!) so I don't think it will do them any harm that way. Zi has nothing but Healthy Hoof and his Hackup bespoke formula so nothing will change for him (if it's not broke I won't fix as he's so good and I wouldn't want to spoil anything on that score)

Reactions: tikkitti and Bodshi
We don't have molasses or derivatives in or dinners as madam doesn't tolerate it, so that would be a no go for me but if it's not an issue than no need to worry. I used to feed madam their grass nuts without issue x

No clue about pegasus, but on the point of companies lower grade feeds, I used to work for a high price dog food manufacturers (I suspect its similar practice in horse feed) and their 'breeder pack' food was the good stuff that fell outside of the specs for the good stuff, they would remill it adding a bit of something (same ingredients just more of xx) to bring it within specs so that they didn't loose a whole batch. So still the same quality ingredients, just a slightly varying ammounts, so I wouldn't discount it as being lower quality :)

Does anyone feed any Pegasus feed products on here? If so, why and what do you like or not like about them? I am tempted to try some of their basic pony nuts for the girls. Atm they have the Dodson and Horrell ones, but I noticed our feed place also sell Pegasus brand. I am curious and do like trying new things. My friend feeds their coarse mix which is what prompted me, but she's away right now so I can't ask her.
Thanks in advance.
Hi. I tried the Pegasus chaff last year. My ponies liked it (Of course! They are typical ponies, always hungry). It felt very oily to me. I couldn't get any info on its ingredients so decided to be wary of it. Otherwise no probs.

Hi. I tried the Pegasus chaff last year. My ponies liked it (Of course! They are typical ponies, always hungry). It felt very oily to me. I couldn't get any info on its ingredients so decided to be wary of it. Otherwise no probs.

Thanks. I bought some of the pony nuts to try. One quite liked them but the other two decided they weren't quite so tasty as the Dodson and Horrell ones:oops::D

Reactions: stigofthedump
newrider.com