Phil's Million - Carriage Driving Challenge

Henrietta1

Jun 5, 2008
I contacted the Forum management before posting this. As I have received no negative reply I assume there is no objection to my going ahead.

I saw an interview with Major Packer on television a couple of weeks ago and decided to support his efforts because, whatever one's views on our country's presence in Iraq and Afghanistan, our young men and women are doing a job out there and when they are injured because of that job, I feel we owe them our support.

Sun 19th Jul 2009 - Phil's Disabled Carriage Driving Equestrian Challenge
Phil has been kindly invited to try a Carriage Driving Challenge by Carole Porte and Judy Hitchcock at Windsor Great Park to raise awareness of the Riding for the Disabled Association and provide opportunities for our injured servicemen and women and the disabled to try Carriage Driving.

Major Phil Packer was injured in an incident following a rocket attack in Basra on 19 Feb 08. Sadly, as a result of the accident he lost the use of his legs and is now a paraplegic with what are classed as catastrophic injuries. He was originally told he would never walk again, however there have been positive improvements. He attends Headley Court every other month where the Medical Team assists him in physical rehabilitation. He has set himself the goal of raising £1million for the charity "Help For Heroes" by undertaking various challenges including the London Marathon and rowing the Channel, among many others.

If you would like to support Phil's Million go to www.philpacker.com where you will find more about Major Packer's challenges. You can find more info about H4H on www.helpforheroes.org.uk

newrider.com