Please Hold Me Accountable

Thanks guys!! Well I kept it quiet incase I didn't, but I had a last minute 'what the hell' idea and enlisted fieldmate to walk out with us tonight before she goes away for the weekend. I don't want to be confined to the school so I thought best to rip off the band aid. Flip was a dream, put up with a few odd noises with dogs and such like but very very chilled out if a little peeved to realise we weren't going for a walk Inhand!
We had a saunter round the stubble field and he was a dream to mount, the nerves were nothing like before, he stood perfectly and I was on within seconds.
I have also enlisted a mate to come help tomorrow and Sunday aswell so will well and truly get this sorted. The only problem is his shoes are sounding very loose so have phoned the farrier and have fingers crossed he can get here soon. I think in the meantime it will be good to have a few sessions getting on and off, especially if his shoes are loose and come off. I can still do that, fab idea.
Thanks guys, feeling very happy tonight, was like I'd never been out of the saddle!

Well done you!!!! I'm so happy for you. I think most of us can relate to what you're going through and appreciate what a big moment this was.

Congratulations FM!! Isn't it funny how we always build up our nerves about things, and then when we eventually break down the demons and try it, it's not as bad as we had imagined?

I hope you are out now enjoying yourself with Flip and having fun, just keep it simple and short as everyone else has said, and you'll be fine:bounce:

Thank you! I'm so glad I posted this to get me moving again. I had a new mate who has moved to the area with her horses come walk out with me today and it was so good, it made me realise that I no longer have such a long list of nuances to make her aware of because of my nerves. I'm even happier that flip was a dream boat, relaxed to mount, not spooky or stressy at all, even though it was windy, and when the new horse in the yard came galloping down her field to say hello, all he did was get the tiniest bit prancy. I need to really acknowledge these experiences. Flipo isn't the bad horse I make him out to be. I'm not the worst rider that I make out and I'm being far too hard on us.

:sluggish: Well Done You!!!

I also got on on Friday night and walked round the field with new livery's horse, BOTH GOOD AS GOLD!! not on spook even though her dogs were with us and kept running up behind us...

then 20 mins in school, where Fat Boy Slim was soo lazy (unheard of, normally a spooky arab!) I had to get off and get whip to get him to move....

All in all, good for confidence... ride again tonight.

Me

:sluggish: Well Done You!!!

I also got on on Friday night and walked round the field with new livery's horse, BOTH GOOD AS GOLD!! not on spook even though her dogs were with us and kept running up behind us...

then 20 mins in school, where Fat Boy Slim was soo lazy (unheard of, normally a spooky arab!) I had to get off and get whip to get him to move....

All in all, good for confidence... ride again tonight.

Me

:bounce: Good to hear it went well. I wonder why we have such awful expectations of our horses sometimes! Going to see how the weather is for the next few nights and decide what I'm doing. Will get back on by the latest, Thursday.

Well done you, thats fab. But you don't really need to worry about the weather. Honestly, they are no worse in rain or wind than anything else - Tobes was uber spooky on Saturday and it was warm and sunny!!

I think we are sometimes all capable of blowing things out of proportion, and always looking for the downside, and this becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. This really came home to me when on a confidence course. I had always thought of the saying 'pride comes before a fall' so with this in mind I had always been heard to say negative things, so I couldn't be accused of being proud :unsure:

What I hadn't realised is this had a massive impact on how I viewed my horse and the knock on effect it had on him. I now take the view that Tobes will be fine in the wind or the rain, or in company, and actually he is.

*whispers* I rode out solo tonight and he was a wee gem. Not gonna jinx it, but Flipo just seems so chilled out lately and the nerves were probably about a 3 which is fantastic.

Yaay!!!!! Well done you and flip, absolutely fab :bounce::bounce::bounce:

*** quietly cheering you on*** don't want to jinx Mr. Flip, but sounds like he's being quite the good boy.

Lol, no jinxing dinnae worry! Rode tonight with friend and her horse, Flipwas an absolute babe, led the way past scary things and we were infront for a couple of canters which was fun. No nerves AT ALL. Somethings shifted, hopefully it will stick. Fingers crossed!

newrider.com