Pole Dancing Ponies

I keep meaning to update my blog but have been soooooo busy I haven't got round to it! So that's going well!

But as a little catch-up, I've moved Angel to a yard nearer home and in familiar hacking territory! She's on part-livery 7 days a week, which is my only real option now I am working f/t with two primary school age kids! Been there a week and she's settled in really well (she knew it a little bit anyway as I used to take her there for lessons.) This weekend, I had a flatwork/jumping lesson on Saturday and hacked her out yesterday, and she was perfect - AND I rode out with a nervous livery on a notoriously naughty horse, which I wouldn't have agreed to had I known that was the case! But Angel was good as gold and took the lead past motorbikes, tractors etc. Very proud of her!

We are jumping 80cms comfortably in the school, although nothing trickier than a spread yet. Next weekend I am taking her XC for the first time on Sun and VERY excited about it.

Roxy is doing really well in her loan home, and I get daily updates!

Reactions: orbvalley
So glad to hear things seem to have settled down now with Angel.
Yes, it appears to have just been a blip as touch wood, she hasn't put a hoof wrong for a few weeks now. I think it helps that now she's on part-livery, and I only have one horse, I am a lot less stressed and have more time to groom and ride!

Reactions: KP nut
newrider.com