Post winter pics

Two pretty girls, even if Tilley is a bit :p :D

They both look fantastic too - well done on getting those comments from your vet @Kite_Rider :D

Thanks, it's not hard with Belle, she will quite happily stand in the field while she gets jabbed, I don't think she even noticed to be honest.

I am loving this thread - what a good idea of yours @Ale. Lovely to see Marley looking so well, doesn't he look different clipped? Jess looks well and Hank and Dan are super cute, never mind what their weight :) Are you sure Hank's weight isn't all in his mane? :D

Reactions: MrA and Jessey
Handsome lad after his clip and fluffy cute before.
Have you also got little spots as well? I am sure mine has spots coming.
Would dapples show as spots?
Thanks he is handsome, isn't he lol my trimmer and vet call him the donkey during the winter months :oops::rolleyes:
Yes he has some we dark spots but I was thinking it was an age thing never thought it may be dapples???

@Ale I think he is looking great. If i remember correctly you didn't rug him at all this winter did you? He has wintered out great by the looks of him.
@Bodshi all I can say is wow, stunning
@newforest she always looks well no matter what the season.
@Pete's Mum he is looking very handsome.
@Kite_Rider Yes a big GRRRR need bigger photo's but Belle is looking beautiful.
@Jessey your lot always look well, Jess' is gorgeous and the boys are too cute

I love seeing all these pics, Ale what a great thread...Everyone seems to have done well in this long hard winter we have had.:D

Reactions: Bodshi and MrA
How lovely to log on and see all your horses looking so well, especially after such a tough winter! If only we looked after ourselves half as well haha or is that just me.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Flashpants weigh taped at 532kg the other day- he needs to chub up a bit. He’s shedding his winter coat brilliantly- apart from the fact that it’s in my lungs, up my nose, and all over my clothes. ;)

CF94DEEC-399E-4D18-944D-0A414FD844B6.jpeg
He’s currently off work for a week with a hot fat leg (infected cut on his back left).

Today I lifted all the rubber mats from his stable, and disinfected the floor as it all absolutely reeked.

I also built him a hay box that he can eat from - chiropractor said eating from Low down is better- hay net makes them use the wrong muscles. If I just dump slices on the floor, he wastes loads of it- kicking it around and stamping poo into it. :rolleyes:

AD72A8D7-A9FE-4CCE-B8F2-B4E4E98C4E78.jpeg

Here he is with it. :D

Flashpants weigh taped at 532kg the other day- he needs to chub up a bit. He’s shedding his winter coat brilliantly- apart from the fact that it’s in my lungs, up my nose, and all over my clothes. ;)

View attachment 92861
He’s currently off work for a week with a hot fat leg (infected cut on his back left).

Today I lifted all the rubber mats from his stable, and disinfected the floor as it all absolutely reeked.

I also built him a hay box that he can eat from - chiropractor said eating from Low down is better- hay net makes them use the wrong muscles. If I just dump slices on the floor, he wastes loads of it- kicking it around and stamping poo into it. :rolleyes:

View attachment 92862

Here he is with it. :D
Ours are fed on the floor. We have a couple of hoovers that don't waste any strands.

He's got the clip I planned to do, but she's coming in two sweaty/ damp underneath to go there.
So she looks a bit 3/4 strip.

That is the clip he got in the autumn..it has lasted him right through to now!
Yes others have the just clipped looked, and were done last year.
Funnily enough I might have kicked started a shedding. Lost loads today, almost fully summer front end.

Reactions: joellie
newrider.com