PRJ and his human's diary.

Prjsmk

Dec 1, 2017
An intro before we start. A few years back i found a gorgeous little cob colt on the net for sale, went to get this cob, owner said it had been sold but they had these left and pointed towards two make shift barns one crammed with coloured yearling cobs and another with a skewbald mare tied to a hay manager and the other side this half dead mangy looking thing couldnt tell if it was a cob or some old nag that was dying. Knee deep in there own watse no food or water. I said i didnt want any but this mangy one was staring at me like please dont walk away! Long story short i took that one, i thought il take it, let it die in comfort. He wasn't an old nag after all he was only 18 months old! He was so weak he could barely lift his head. When i got him home he didnt die and after a week i thought he will get better, i could see progress. I decided id get him in good health and handled and sell him on. Vets came he had infected absses in his mane and his cuts and scrapes was infected so he had some jabs and a once over and perked up even more. When he got to a good weight he had his wormer and then started piling on the pounds but as he got stronger he started wanting to fight humans, who could blame him? After the way he was treated! For a while he was hard to catch, if cornered he would kick with his front legs, back legs, rear, bite do whatever he could to get you to leave him alone... Sorry PRJ wasnt working for me kick and bite all u want. I soon learnt he enjoyed neck scratches so this was my plan, catch him, neck scratch, let him go, also plenty of hours was soent sat in his paddock with him coming closer and closer realising that coming near a human didnt mean he would get hurt...

long story short he came round after a lot of work and he is now the opposite, hes an absolute gentle dope! My farrier said the other day he was by far the worst horse he has ever had to trim and hes now the best horse he trims. He is very loving, like a giant lap dog! However if hes bored during work he rushes, throws his head in protest or plants his feet, hes eager to learn he wants to do something new all the time, by something new i dont mean today we will jump for a change, some horses wasnt meant to be jumpers! He is one of them! He will jump whats infront of him once, maybe twice, three times at a push and then hes just running through it, no matter what it is, he is ploughing it down! The boredom strikes, hes trashing the course! So hes just my happy hacker which is what id always wanted. Hes so happy on a hack, looking at everything while plodding along, if he sees a dog hes all like, ooo can we say hi! Tractors. Sprayers, grass cutters hes fine with, traffic hes good... Other horses however! SCARY! He spooks at other horses, even the ones in the field next to him! (Bridleway runs behind the fields) and of course has his moments where he is rushing home and not concentrating so spooks at a tree branch but then decides he wants to eat it

as u probably guess i never could sell him! Cant part with the big dopey idiot! Just turned 7 and still making me smile daily!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: mystiquemalaika
And more pics, with my nephew, they absolutely adore each other! And my neohew tells everyone its his horse haha. At our first show with out 1st place best condition and a recent one of him in his field look rather... Yellow (dirty!!!). I know im biased but hes such a pretty boy :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    549.8 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    895.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: mystiquemalaika
What a great job you have done with him - I hope you reported that dealer you rescued him from - lovely Cob!
Tried to, as did many others but there is a big family none of them accept responsibility for the poor condition horses and with no chips nothing can be proven and no one can be charged

I havent got an exciting diary entry today! Im on the sick lol, got labyrinthitus, making me feel horribly sick! So no riding today :( just a cuddle, kiss, feet done, eye drops done and his favourite... Fooooood!

So coldddddd! Definitely havent rode the cob today, i am not that brave! Haha. Just a feed, feet done, eye drops done, hay nets filled and dotted about and left him to dance round the field

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 5
Ooo i keep forgetting ive got a diary! Just put todays post in ringside chat. Full story of the trauma is there lol! Long story short went for a mooch in the little bit of snow we have got, a first for us! Never ridden in the snow. PRJ was an idiot lol!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 3
Big body, little head lol! I was about to say my horse then my mistake! My owner have a chill second in the corner of the school before he was back to playing with his buddy, no ridden work as of yet! Im too tired all the time, I'd probably fall asleep on him and be taken to some lush grass fields where he would dump me and go eat haha

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 9
Ergh! Horrible weather! Plan to start the diary properly once we are able to go for some adventures... Currently stranded in the field due to wet weather! I actually seen the titanic sail through PRJ'S field today!

Finally an entry! 1.16 mile brief hack done :) PRJ was happy to be in the sheep fields again, his fave place to hack

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    948.6 KB · Views: 4
No riding today because... Tbh i am just a wimo and its too cold haha! Prj did get to play chase with his brother though (the dog lol) he enjoyed that while i did some poo picking in the worst areas! Then prj had a good groom, finally a dry day so could brush the mud out of his feather. Handsome or what ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 5
Not doing anything, we refuse! Eating and sleeping is all we are willing to do

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    827.5 KB · Views: 3