Recommend me some boots!

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
All mine are falling apart! I'm after something for every day riding that would be smart enough for competing. I have thin legs and skinny ankles and find lots of them bulge round my ankle, which I don't like. My quest for the perfect pair of riding boots has been going on for some years now and is still unfulfilled!

Reactions: newforest
I love the look of the Shires black long ones, they come in lots of different fits, so if you do have slender legs then I'm thinking you'll be able to find some to fit. Can't remember their name lol but I lusted after a pair and ended up buying MH ones instead. Shires Norfolk - that's the name. They look very smart.

Reactions: squidsin
I have the same problem of skinny legs and ankles, haven't found a pair of long boots that fit. Closest was a pair of Tredstep but they broke after less than 12 months and that wasn't with every day use, also weren't very comfy. I have Ariat short boots with Ariat close contact leather gaiters, I wear these for everyday but could be smart enough to compete in. Have you looked at Ariat long boots? They do plenty of different sizes, they'd be what I'd be trying if I was after a pair of long boots but as I no longer compete I can't warrant the cost as I wear short boots day to day.

I'm another who'd look at short boots & chaps, some of the good ones are as smart as long boots & you have a wide range of fits. While you may end up paying nearly as much as for long boots - I love the more expensive short Ariat boots, but the price makes me wince - they do have the advantage that if the boot wears out you only have to replace that which is cheaper than buying another long pair.

My friend has ridiculously skinny legs ("the last time I saw legs like that they were hanging out of a nest") and she has Ariats. Think she found them in the children's section, but I may be getting mixed up.

Reactions: Trewsers
The only boots that fit me properly are my MH Richmond riders, I bought 'young riders' aimed at kids, but fit perfectly, shame the rest of me isn't as slim as my lower leg!

newrider.com