Recommended, 5*

I wanted see that at the cinema.
Would you recommend it as a ideal Xmas pressie?

The BFG was wonderful, as was a street cat named Bob.

If I had to recommend a film this year it would be Kubo and the two strings. A beautiful film and fantastic plot, one of my all time favourites now.

Reactions: newforest
Read the book about Bob, I know I am going to be getting the dvd on its travels.

I fancied Nine Lives, but I like cats so :)
Your looking at someone who went to see The Smurfs;)

I would probably cry if it's sad. I am hopeless these days. Never used to be like this but maybe it's my age?! Lol I can never ever read or watch War Horse cos I know I'll blub right from the beginning!

I wasn't so sure about the BFG - it is one of my favourite books of all time, and I guess for that reason it is always hard to take it to a film. It was good and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as magical as the book.

The one about Alan Turing is brilliant.

Reactions: SeeingSpots
Few others, for raining days.

The Danish Girl
The Geisha
The Life of Pi
Paul :)
We all see things so differently, I haven't seen the Danish girl, but the geisha I have and thought it good, the life of pi was meh and Paul I turned off before the end.
I've watched a few good (imo) films lately, '13 hours' was great, intersetller also good, the longest ride was good for a romancy type, not all the newest films tho. I will watch BFG when I get the chance, I loved it as a kid.
I'm off to see Fantastic beasts and where to find them tonight :D

newrider.com