Replacing elasticated girths

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
It occurred to me this morning (while bashing my head against a wall over Jess's saddle niggles) that it may be time to replace my girths, I have 2 synthetic ones with elastic at both ends, both are years old and have done a lot of miles and the elastic isn't exactly 'strong' anymore, as in I can easily stretch it by hand. What is the norm for replacing elasticated girths? or what rule of thumb do you go by?

I generally replace them when the elastic doesn't ping back flat and taut so to speak, and it isn't feeling even anymore.

They are still flat, and do return, we are just having saddle wiggle issues :rolleyes: so wondered if its down to the soft elastic....

Could be the elastic or has she changed shape at all recently? Not sure if it's your treed or treeless your having issues with,im no help with the treed but could be a shimming issue with the treeless?

Treeless is fine with the same girth, its the tree'd I'm struggling with :rolleyes: It was checked about 4 weeks ago, she does change shape quickly tho so trying to organize another check now.

newrider.com