RIP Chester

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Looks like our barn cat, Chester, is gone. We reckon he was at least 12 as he turned up full grown 10 years ago. He was the friendliest barn cat ever - followed us around like a dog, especially the children. He couldn't get enough cuddles from them, and never once scratched or bit. He's been having seizures for about 2 weeks and the vet reckoned probably a brain tumour. He was getting increasingly disorientated and just wandering around oblivious, then disappeared 3 days ago. I'm not a cat person, but I was really fond of him, he was such a personality. RIP Chester, have fun with Harvey, Ginger, and Fluff.Screenshot_20230414_111816_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230414_111759_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230414_111739_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20230414_111539_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230414_111459_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230414_111714_Photos.jpg

No, YO'S handyman cut back all the brambles behind the barn, as that was the only place we couldn't get to, but no sign. He's been missing 3 days, and was very poorly, so we're thinking the worst.:(
When Monster was dying he took himself off to my neighbours Steading, which is mostly deserted I suddenly got a feeling one evening that's where he was. We had been searching for days on end. We found him peacefully passed away on an old chair, in the evening sunshine. Brought him home and buried him next to Flatcat. I hope Chester is as peaceful. They often go away when they aren't well.

I think YO is quite cut up that we couldn't find him, she has all the horses and cats buried in the fields, and she would have liked to have done that with Chester. If a cat could have a perfect life, Chester's came close. Shelter, food, human attention (lots!) and acres of land to safely roam and hunt. He even had a best buddy in the cat in the next yard. I've got loads of pics of him so will get them printed for her.

I think YO is quite cut up that we couldn't find him, she has all the horses and cats buried in the fields, and she would have liked to have done that with Chester. If a cat could have a perfect life, Chester's came close. Shelter, food, human attention (lots!) and acres of land to safely roam and hunt. He even had a best buddy in the cat in the next yard. I've got loads of pics of him so will get them printed for her.
I hope he can be found, he had a lovely life

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
Aw I hope you find him too. The not knowing isn't nice, I am so grateful that we found our Monster. That's nice that you can print some photos for her, I'm sure she'll appreciate those.

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com