Sad loss

Jayne

Oct 12, 2014
My friend is waiting for the vet as I'm writing this. Her horse Lady 19yr old chestnut arab went out this morning looking a little stiff, and came back in tonight barely able to hold her back end up. She looked like she was gonna fall over.
Called the vet out. Checked her over and says its nurological, nothing can be done for her. Will never be ridden again, mebby last another 6mths with injections, let her have a last summer. ,!! What for to watch her getting worse. She's not even keen on being in the field.
Claire was gonna decide overnight, so lady was given something to keep her comfortable and off the vet went. I came home and within the next couple of hours she deteriorated. Now can hardly stand stumbling around and teetering all over. If she falls she won't be able to get back up. So Claire made the decision to end it tonight.

[emoji27] [emoji27] [emoji27]

RIP Lady

I'm so sorry. Thank goodness you were there to see that she was deteriorating quickly, if you hadn't then I dread to think what would have happened.

Love to Claire & you, I hope she has an easy passing x

Reactions: Jayne
How awful, its the decision every horse owner dreads having to make. sometimes the hardest decisions are made with so much love :( Sending big hugs to Claire, Lady and yourself.x

How awful, my thoughts are with everyone involved but as others have said its with much love that we make these horrible choices xx

I've passed all your thanks on to my friend. Thanks to you all I've told her what a nice bunch you all are.
It was a fortnight ago this Friday that she buried her dad who died of cancer . So she's having a tough time at the moment. [emoji17]

So sorry to hear that, what an awful thing to happen. Your poor friend didn't even have time to get her head round losing her horse. For this to happen so soon after losing her dad is so hard. The poor girl must be in bits. My heart goes out to her.

newrider.com