Saxon Equileather Dress Boots

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
Ive just bought a pair of these today and they seem really nice so far.
Look like a real nice quality pair of boots (saw them next to some treadstep boots and they looked very similar), they are very flexible and feel like nice soft leather boots to wear.
Im off to a pleasure ride in them tomorrow so will see how well they wear and how comfortable they are:)

the boots were comfortable and didnt need much breaking in (didnt rub at all and boots always rub my heels) they are very flexible and were nice to ride in (i was out for about 3-4 hours):)

Thanks for the consumer test! I was looking at those but they don't go wide enough for my fat calves :(

oooh I've just bought these and they're really nice.
I'm wondering a bit about mine though...i wore them to the farm the other day and whilst walking up the field to get Twig the zip popped halfway down and opened (hope you know what i mean). I took the boot off...sorted it out and zipped it back up. It then did it again on the way back down the field!! :eek: however after that I managed to be at the yard for another 3 hours and rode without a problem.
Have I got a duff pair or do you reckon it was a one off problem?!

I was looking at those but they don't go wide enough for my fat calves

I have the same problem with loads of boots! None of them fit my calves which are pretty big and muscley, partly from athletics and hockey but mainly from... horse riding! Lots of horse riders get muscley calves from riding yet the people who make riding boots think we all have legs like sticks! :rolleyes: :D

argh...rode in the boots again yesterday and the same one's zip kept popping open in the same place again :( I'm going to have to pop to rideaway tomorrow and take them back as I'm sure it must be faulty. Hopefully they'll have my size in so that I can simply replace them as I really like them!

ahah!
I did have a faulty pair...the zip didn't knit together properly.
We took them back to the lovely peole at RideAway and they have given me a brand new pair :)
I'm going to try them out tonight

How much are they? Think i might get a pair! :)

Hey - I've bought them - they are £37 approx in Robinsons - they are fab - come in different calf widths and I literally popped them on the day after i got them and went to a jumping competition - didn't even need breaking in.

If you have the Robinsons Spring Summer catalogu they're on page 38

x

Guys these boots, how tall are they?, I have short legs and all long boots I have tried are just to long, MH high riders came over my knee :eek:

i have several friends who bought these a few months ago , all very pleased , cheap , smart , comfy

BUT now several pairs are virtually starting to fall apart now thay've had a fair period of regular use , seems you do get what you pay for:rolleyes:

Jessey-I'm 5' 3" so my legs are relatively short. The boots just fit me, any longer would be uncomfortable, but they're comfy at the height they are.. I supopose if your legs are even shorter than mine you could use heel raisers but I've not tried them before so don't know if they actually do much good! Otherwise you might just have to find some more expensive boots that come in a short fitting unfortunately! Oh the problems we short legged people face :rolleyes:

Leathery or Rubbery?

Would anyone be able to tell me if the equileather boots are closer to leather boots or rubber boots as i am thinking of getting some for showjumping as my old ones are worn out and i cant afford new leather boots but i want them to look like leather as i cant stand rubber boots. also are they long fitting cos i hav quite long legs. please write back asap! any replies welcome! xxx

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but i've had my pair of these for about 3 months or so now and they're falling to bits, zips broken, soles coming away at the front, sides wearing away from me squeezing when I ride. And I wear these about 3 times a week, for an hour each time just to ride in, nothing else. Looking back, i wish id spent my money on a pair of real leather short boots and chaps, not wasted it on these.

I only wear mine for shows otherwise looking at them, i think they'd do the same! :rolleyes:

Mine don't fit properly either, i would have said i had fairly large calves from playing a lot of sport and riding so i got the wide calf ones and they're huge! :(

The outsides of mine still look OK but the lining inside is all scruffy and peeling off! I've only had them about 8 months. I don't do any yard work or whatever in them, I change from my wellies into my boots just before I mount and change back into my wellies as soon as I get back. I ride 2-4 times a week. I do like them and they've done ok but next time I'm going to save up and get some proper leather ones. They'll be 2 or 3 times the price but hopefully last 2 or 3 times as long! :)

newrider.com