Scoot boots?

Ive not tried them, they are pretty new out arent they?

Yeah they are pretty new, but have been in Australia a bit longer as that's were they originate from. I have been having a bit of bother with my boy recently and he has had shoulder pain but the vet thinks its becaus he is a bit foot sore, he has good strong hooves but we do lots of road work, shoes are out of the question as he pulls them off with chunks of hoof! My worry is booting him up on his hinds as he does have a slight twist action in his hind feet. The Scoot boot is light and the reviews seem very good about comfort and staying on? I am ordering them from the hoof boutique, fingers crossed they work out.

Reactions: Jessey
My new scoot boots arrived today. I only tried them on tonight for size. I really like the look and feel of them. They are very light weight. I got a size 6 for the backs and size 7 for the fronts. They are a bit snug but he is due a trim next week so I really wouldn't want the next size up as i think they maybe too loose after a trim?? I am going to take him for a hack in the morning with them on to see how he goes in them, he has never worn boots on his hinds before, he kept lifting his feet up high when i first put them on him:rolleyes: but then he eventually started to walk normally again lol I will hopefully get some pics and give an update on how he goes in them tomorrow.

Reactions: Jessey
They sound good - boots should be snug to get on :)

Will be interested to see what the look like and how they work - we have renegades but these sound like they might fit better :)

Reactions: joellie
Well i'm really pleased with them..so far. We went for a 5 mile hack lots of trotting and a couple of canters and he seemed comfortable, most importantly they didn't budge one bit. I was more worried about the boots on his hind feet as he has never worn boots on his backs before. He also has a slight twisting motion of his back feet so I wondered if the boot would maybe rotate slightly and annoy him but they didn't. I was wearing Trails on his fronts for the past year( although we had been doing a lot without boots but the roadwork which we mostly do was wearing his feet down to quickly) and I was happy enough with them but they were starting to loose shape and had flew of a couple of times recently when cantering:eek:. The scoot boots are not completely closed in like the Trails, they have an open toe for drainage and to let any stones, dirt,sand etc get out, they are also open at the back...they are more like sandals than boots lol Here is a pic of him before we set off this morning.:DIMG-20150922-00539.jpg

I use Trails on the fronts, just downsized to a six and sold the others in a week.
People call them her trainers :)

Those look like the Renegades but without the back bulbs.

I use Trails on the fronts, just downsized to a six and sold the others in a week.
People call them her trainers :)

Those look like the Renegades but without the back bulbs.

Yeah they are a bit like the Renegades. They are very light compared to the Trails. His Trails are a size 5 but i had to get size 7 for the fronts and size 6 for the backs in the scoot boots.
Here is a picture of him when he first tried them on with his pop socks lol I think he is mortified...pop socks 1.jpg pop socks 4.jpg

The strap is rubber/plastic, quite stretchy and is supposed to be fastened very loose as its described by the makers as " a security strap"
The only worry i would have of it breaking is if he manages to bite it...i could never leave him alone with them on as he eats everything lol
No it didn't rub, i checked him really well for any rubs once we got back from our hack and i double checked him tonight again just in case i missed anything and all looked good.

People call mine trainers :) I still only boot my fronts.
I do a random hack bare just to give her a break.

People call mine trainers :) I still only boot my fronts.
I do a random hack bare just to give her a break.

I only booted his fronts until recently, with all the rain we have had the fields have been too wet to ride in so we have just been hacking and its all road work. We do a five mile hack each time and his feet were wearing out too quickly so this has been the first time I have ever booted his hinds. I was really worried about them staying on as he has a slight twisting motion with his back feet but his sandals haven't budged. Yes i was thinking that I might do a once week bare hack as my trimmer and vet have commented on how strong his hooves are and I would like to keep them that way. Do you get some strange looks and comments on her trainers? I have people in cars stopping asking me why he has proper shoes on and not horse shoes lol

I do get people stop and talk but it's usually her white ear bonnet or sunhat as they call it that does it :)
Then they notice her trainers because they have looked at the feathers.
If she is in her harness that gets a different reaction :)

Reactions: joellie
newrider.com