Sharer/loaner wanted in Liskeard region (Cornwall)

Ashlea

Sep 18, 2008
Cornwall
Hi all!
(sorry, but long as I dont want to hide/forget anything:rolleyes:)

I have a 16.2/16.3hh grey ID x anglo-arab gelding who needs to be ridden due to my pregnancy:rolleyes:.
Hes rising 5, backed by myself as a 3 yo and was taken out on the moors alone/in company with no problems at all - infact, I needed a whip with a bag attached to get him going as he was so laid back.

He was proffessionally ridden on at a training/breaking school last June for 3 weeks whilst I was off getting married/honeymooning. Since then, he has been more forward going, but there isnt anywhere to flat out gallop here - so its been mainly road work for the past year (moved from Cornwall to Notts last Jan). He is ridden by novices and children as he tends to adapt to the rider's ability, but I would prefer an experienced rider due to young age, and I dont want him picking up bad habits. Also, he doesnt get ridden much during the winter months due to short days/bad weather/busy road and work etc. However, he remains good, and isnt fizzy like some horses are when not ridden for a while.

He has taken a shine to jumping, and has proved bold and scopey - but it needs to be refined due to lack of riding on. He will jump (make shift) coloured poles, logs, and wooden pallets - very honest. Will make good SJ, XC or hunter. I am happy for him to be used as a happy hacker, or competitively (provided experienced rider found). He can be a little "grumpy" - pulls a face etc, but snaps out of it when a firm "NO!" is shouted....if he doesnt stop, then I put him in a school and when asked to "run" he backs down - becomming putty in your hands. Although not bad (I personally do not think it poses me a problem), I think his face pulling will calm down if ridden more regularly - i.e 1x + a week.

I am moving back to Cornwall in 3 weeks, and his new yard will be right on the moors (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D). Riding will include Bodmin moor, local trails, swimming in "pony pools" etc, and if transport can be sort, local beaches and woods are FANTASTIC to ride in.....local riding schools are within hacking distance, and I think there are local teachers willing to travel.
Unfortunately, I wont be able to take advantage of this horse and vast expanse of riding for much longer....and I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO SELL!

If sharing, I would be looking for around £20/week + poo picking. Days are negotiable - preferably around 5 days a week, but more available.

If loaning, then I would prefer him to stay at present yard, but LOCAL yard move may be possible.
pm. for details :D

p.s. ridden in waterford as he fiddles and bites the bit. I am happy to change back to a softer bit if the new rider/sharer feels they can can cope. No severe vices (not nappy/bucky etc), but due to moving to new yard hundred of miles away, and not seeing an open expanse/other horses in 1 year, he may be a little more excitable until he settles in....however, I would be happy to hop up for a ride before any potential sharer/loaner as I dont think he will be too bad.

He does have pidgeon toes at the front - so no good if wanted for dressage purposes. However, this does not pose any problem to him running/jumping etc.

DSC03248.jpg

DSC03237.jpg

DSC03235.jpg

ALl Questions Welcome!

Please....no complete novices, however less experienced but COMPETANT riders considered IF accompanied by experienced and confident rider at all times.
No time wasters
:D

Thats the most unfair advert ive ever seen. :p

Hes beautiful and your taking him to the other end of the country, away for nottingham :eek:

:eek::mad::rolleyes:
:eek::mad::rolleyes:

will keep an ear out but dont really know any one up there :rolleyes: good luck though

Wow! He looks STUNNING! Sounds great - especially for his age!
Id love to have him, but Im just not in the right place :(

Good luck - people would be mad not to at least go see him!

arrghh, 6 months ago i would have been biting your hand off but now i've got my lovely girl and no time for anything else. i am very close to liskeard though so if i hear of anyone who is interested i'll let you know.

Hi all!
thanks for comments and replies!
Just a quick update - a possible loaner has been found for Sunny (yay!)...hope all goes well tomorrow as "the loaner" in question is comming over for her second ride!:D

newrider.com