Sharnie and Jinty's afternoon out! *Pic overload!*

Lolly-lu

Oct 22, 2008
East Sussex
Went for an amazing hack today, It definitely feels like spring! The 23yr old welsh sec D I was riding acted more like an 8yr old and my friends arab was well behaved as well, only spooking a bit at a pig hiding behind a bush! We managed to have quite a few canters and a really nice gallop of which neither horse wanted to stop! We stopped some poor unsuspecting walker asking if she could take a pic while we cantered up a hill, and had to direct her as to which end of the camera to look into, needless to say we were surprised to see she actually managed to take a pic.. she missed me out though!:(
Anyway, here's the days picture overload.. hope you enjoy!

First step: persuade the girls to leave there 13 acres 3 hours earlier then usual .. they know what's happening!
DSC04825.jpg
Jinty getting up from rolling
DSC04826.jpg
Finally indoors...
DSC04828.jpg
DSC04833.jpg
Now it's safe, the pugs can come out to play..
DSC04829.jpg
DSC04830.jpg
All tacked up and ready to go..
DSC04838.jpg
DSC04861.jpg
More to come!

Last edited:
... Off we go, Sharnie spooking at something, we were actually heading down the other path..
DSC04841.jpg
DSC04845.jpg
DSC04848.jpg

Just after the pig incident!
DSC04847.jpg
Stopping for photo opourtunites much to the girls disgust..
DSC04856.jpg
DSC04853.jpg
Pic taken by random stranger.. she missed me out:(!
DSC04859.jpg
bit of scenery next to the powdermill hotel..
DSC04860.jpg
And finally a sweaty Jinty after Galloping!
DSC04866.jpg

Had a great day!

Sorry, tried to resize pics and gave up!

Haha, you found my postless thread!
It does seem that most of it is on the roads round here, there is a couple of good bits that you can have a canter on but i am so jealous of people that seem to be able to go for miles without interruption of roads and things.
We have a lane called 'Peppering Eye' which leads through to fields and then out onto roads and back round, and of course the route in the pics which is lovely, it's not bad, but would be nice to have more variety!

Looks like you had lots of fun.
Am so so so jealouse of your hacking!! we only have roads and one little lane which we can go for canters on

That's surprising, i would have thought living in Devon you'd have plenty of places to go.. am i wrong in thinking it was quite rural?!
We don't have that much tbh, just enough to be able to mix it around and have a few canters and gallop. No where near as much as some!

newrider.com