Shoes back on?

If she's part arab you stand as good a chance as any of dispensing with the boots longer term I would have thought. On the prices you've quoted there you'd be saving money if your boots lasted longer than 12 months, which is highly likely, especially if you don't use them continually.

The only terminal thing on the renegades would be wearing off the tread, which looks like it could be recut at least once anyway, the cables can fray eventually but they're replaceable.

My renegades have had a few nicks and chunks sliced off them, but I think that is the flinty stubble fields, apart from that they are doing ok.

I'm getting quite excited about all this, bet my OH puts the dampers on, he's very good but I bought a new car last year on the understanding that until it was paid for (0% finance over 3 years) when in time I lost my oldie, I couldn't think of getting another. Since I lost Trieste in September, I've got Panda on loan and then bought her and loads of stuff for her :D, he did buy a new MP3 player yesterday....

My renegades have had a few nicks and chunks sliced off them, but I think that is the flinty stubble fields, apart from that they are doing ok.

Dread to think what that would do to old macs then :D

Here...

P1030807.jpg

and...

P1030808.jpg

but we had a great gallop and I wouldn't want these nicks put anyone off.

Eeek! Definitely something specific to your geology there, I've been using them continually for nearly 18 months in some quite testing circumstances and never had anything like that, scary:eek:

Eeek! Definitely something specific to your geology there, I've been using them continually for nearly 18 months in some quite testing circumstances and never had anything like that, scary:eek:

Yes I guess it is...but I think they will last a while yet:), although her feet have shrunk slightly (or I was slightly generous measuring and now they have worn a bit...) so I'm thinking of getting another pair. As her feet grow slowly / self trim I can't see her going without them as I'd hoped, but they look good. Her hinds have no slices or chunks missing and look great!

Thanks, I measured Pandas feet and I can't believe it, my pony needs 2W for the width, but these give 140mm for the length and hers only measure 110mm, so even allowing for 3-7mm and the fact that they can be cut back up to 10mm means they're going to be too long . :( Now I really don't know what to do might look at the sizing on Easiboots.:confused:

Taken this from the renagade site possibly the problem?

Horses with "high heels" or "run-under" heels, may exhibit a shorter length measurement from the toe to the rearmost point of weight bearing than if the same hoof had heels in a lower configuration. So, if your goal is to lower the heels in the coming months while using the boot, you will need to consider this when determining boot length.

They didn't look particularly high and not really sure how to tell if they are 'run-under' :(

Those measurements (140w x 110L) don't sound feasible to me unless the horse has both severely flared quarters and badly underrun heels, which would surprise me. I suspect the length might be wrong, if you can post a view of the sole I can try and mark up where to measure to if it helps? A side on shot would be useful too :)

Hi Yann, the width measure was 131 so as 2W says 133 thought that was ok the length definately has me puzzled I will try to get some pics tomorrow, also Farrier coming on Wednesday so thought best then to re-measure and get some more pics, what do you think.

Hi Yann, the width measure was 131 so as 2W says 133 thought that was ok the length definately has me puzzled I will try to get some pics tomorrow, also Farrier coming on Wednesday so thought best then to re-measure and get some more pics, what do you think.

If you can (maybe with help) take a photo with the tape measure showing the length. A stiff builder's tape with the hook at the end is best.

Now think the 2W size would be correct in length as well as width, do think the heels (having pulled the hair back) are too long, perhaps if I print the pic showing the heel height bit off of the Renegade site I could show it to the farrier on Wednesday and see what he says :eek:, no idea how receptive he will be.

Yep, I'd be calling the length at something just over 130mm. Heels don't look particularly long or underrun to me as far as it's possible to tell from the pics. I would remeasure after the trim as it looks like you could lose a bit of width in particular but a 2W with some cut off the back looks favourite like you say :)

newrider.com