Shoes back on?

They all have their specialities.

It may well be that for going barefoot you need someone more geared up to that.

However, if you are concerned at losing your farrier for an unknown I wouldn't blame you.

Tbh if my farrier wasn't trimming Joy's backs for barefoot as well as he was shoeing her fronts then I would go back to having her shod allround.

There's no way on earth I'd risk losing my farrier when Joy has been very happy shod and my farrier is the best around, not that I'd be able to find another one anyway as they are all so busy :(

Problem is getting a farrier where we are is not easy and up til now we have been happy, my friend is happy and she has Flint who has a full set and we share Peggy who has a half set and the there's Panda. There are other farriers - don't turn up when they say they will, can't get hold of them as too busy, shoes don't stay on. I feel if I could find a barefoot trimmer, I could justify that to the farrier who my friend would want to still use, but a different farrier :eek: if I could get hold of one....... I don't know.

Sorry for jumping in on this thread, but I was reading it with interest, particularly the comment from Kirt about the farrier trimming the sole. I would object to my farrier trimming the sole. There's no need for it and as Kirt says it provides armour and should not be compromised that way.

If you don't succeed in getting either another farrier (or you don't want to, I understand the politics in this and if you are otherwise happy then it's not necessary) or a trimmer, I would politely ask the farrier to stop paring her sole.

newrider.com