Show report!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Took my lovely share horse to a local show today.

First class was turnout and we came 5th out of 6th, was very pleased with this as was expecting to come last in everything given our previous showing attempts.

And then he only went and won the best large native class! We got a trophy!!!

And then he only went and got reserve champion for the morning classes!! Complete with sash and very lovely rosette!

Completely shocked but over the moon as he was so well behaved and it was a rather hectic and cramped show. And he was a star hacking there and back also.

Piccies of us looking as smart as we are ever going to be!

received_10154729276941960.jpeg received_10154729258966960.jpeg received_10154729278661960.jpeg IMAG2895_1.jpg

Well done - but what would the others have done to be better turned out? You both look smart to me!

Reactions: MrA
Well done - but what would the others have done to be better turned out? You both look smart to me!

Thank-you but they all looked absolutely perfect, the judge mentioned about a correct jacket and tie pin for me and slight tack adjustments for him

Well done ..tips for future outings, use plaiting thread to tie on number, get better fitting shirt and dye it pale yellow by washing it with cheap dusters! Get a cheap Tweed jacket from Ebay to wear when riding a native.. then I am sure you wll get championships all the way

Thank-you I appreciate the tips :)

He was such a good boy, lots of the other horses were all getting very over excited by it all! He took it all in his stride and really looked after me.

newrider.com