Sleight of hoof!!!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I bought Gracie one of those fur-lined Shires grazing muzzles when I was at Blenheim (shameless name dropping) last week. I've used muzzles on a few of my horses with no issues before but for some reason I felt the need to "double up" so poor G is also sporting a leather headcollar over the top, just in case!

So today I went to fetch her in and she was only wearing the headcollar.... and she was quietly dozing with a bit of a smug expression and not stuffing her face, which leads me to believe that she has been muzzle-less for some hours!! :rolleyes:

I found the offending article, completely intact, with no velcro straps undone nor any sign of struggle. So I'm amused, perplexed and pretty damned impressed at how she managed to remove it from UNDER the headcollar. I came to the conclusion that she has done something of a "tablecloth trick" :cool:

And she is now called Houdini :p

I'd once tied one of ours in his head collar up & toddled off for 2 seconds to get something, when I came back the head collar was still buckled up and attached to the wall totally undamaged but lying on the floor with no head in ito_O He's 174cm of muscle but the most nimble escape artist!

It might not be her but a pal. Mine could encourage a fellow horse to lean out of the stable and take herd head collar off. This allowed her to go ' courting ' along the block!

But the headcollar was still on her.... And snugly so..... I would have struggled too get the mask off without undoing it, with my two human hands!!!

20170916_141626-600x1047.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
One of our herd of geldings was newly muzzled and his companions spent ages trying to get it off (they failed though!)

newrider.com