Snow updates where u are...

Prjsmk

Dec 1, 2017
I know some of u already had snow. But keep us all up to date where u are and how its going snow wise. Just heard on the tele the whole of the uk is supposed to be hit.

east mids here, snowing on and off but not settling anywhere yet

We've had a dusting on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, I work 12 miles from my home town and the ground is white here but the webcam at home says nothing has settled there yet, which I am happy about :) it's been flurrying all afternoon though, and the worst was due to hit us later this evening
ETA I don't have a window in my office, just looked out on my way to the kitchen, and the white has melted since I looked half hour ago and now its hailing instead. This is going to be lovely, NOT!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prjsmk
Very light flurries in South Shropshire...nothing settling. Yet.

Just went to Aldi to do my normal weekly shop and the car park was packed, there was no bread, little meat selection and massive queues for the checkouts. All most unusual for little old Bridgnorth but apparently people are panic buying!

Im hiding from it :( nothing here as yet

We are in NE Aberdeenshire and there are weather warnings out...

I have put in months of work for the Royal Northern spring Show this Wednesday and then The National Stallion Show on Saturday. I have 5 ponies in and being prepped.. everything aches already. If they are cancelled or I can’t get there I will be dev-as-tated :( :( :(

Im hiding from it :( nothing here as yet

We are in NE Aberdeenshire and there are weather warnings out...

I have put in months of work for the Royal Northern spring Show this Wednesday and then The National Stallion Show on Saturday. I have 5 ponies in and being prepped.. everything aches already. If they are cancelled or I can’t get there I will be dev-as-tated :( :( :(
Cor that's a bit early for a spring show, I hope the weather doesn't stop you from going.

i dont know why it’s called The Spring Show either ?! It’s always the last wed in Feb! Princess Anne came up for it last year... it’s big in the farming calendar up here.

Reactions: Jessey and Prjsmk
We still only have it on and off, nothing setting majorly yet but everyone is panic buying here too, been up and gave the cob an extra feed tonight just incase we get what everyones saying we will get, although im suspecting its just being hyped up. Hope it doesnt get too bad for u all

Weve had as much as Ale. It is bitter here too. I went to stock up on my comfort food for the week and carrots for the horses. Specifically went to get salt for the water bottle I filled this morning with water to put in the sheep trough to stop it freezing. Figured I'd give it a try. Got to the sheep and realized I forgot the salt. So i couldnt experiment. Dopey me.

Reactions: Prjsmk and Jessey
Just the odd flutter of snow now and again but nothing is lying as yet. It is very dry and bitter, bitter cold.
I have all my sheep in and will keep them in all this week at least until the beast from the east has pissed away off.
One of my girls lost her lamb yesterday, it came a couple of weeks too early :(

Poor sheep.
I had one with some discharge yesterday. Shes not due till April. Hoping it's nothing. You've just reminded me I must record it in my book.
I've got one with pneumonia at the moment. She's wrapped up in her foal rug and under a heat lamp. Spoiled. The rest of my sheep are out but they do have access to a shed so they can get out of it when beasty arrives.

Reactions: Prjsmk and joellie
@joellie im sorry about the lamby :(

We didn't get any more snow dispite being upgraded to an amber warning last night, but it is -6 (actual temp) out there now, so a bit chilly. More snow to come later apparently.
ETA it was -8c by the time I went out to the horses this morning, brrrrrr!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
newrider.com