solo comb and mane pulling ?

By selling it on Ebay. :D Sorry not a fan.
For showing a cob you want it tidy but shortish.
Backing and dressage it can be left as is.

Have you a side in photo of what you have currently?

I love my solo comb! It is easy to use and much safer than scissors. Hate pulling manes, none of mine would like it. Heck I am hair-sore, so I wouldn't inflict it on them either. It's been well worth it's money, I haven't needed new blades either and it is well over ten years old.

Reactions: Native Lover
I use solo combs at work, don't like pulling, sorry id floor someone who done that to my hair :p 4 very different types of mane. The trick with them is slow and little bits at a time and use it as if your pulling but you cut instead of pull, to get a proper pulled look though you have to take your time and do little bits other wise you easy end up with a scissor like look and a thick mane, you need to do the pulling technique first and get higher up before the cut as it then thins like pulling if that makes sense.

Last edited:
I tried Pulling Flash’s mane a while back... he went to sleep! Bizarre creature...

I've got a comb and a rake for Harvey (I ended up in A&E last time he had his mane pulled). I find the rake works really well on him (although to be fair I'm not particularly fussy about how his mane looks!)

Reactions: Native Lover
we have just got a rake and comb ready to tackle Gems very thick coarse mane and tail ready for showing come spring - Wild don't come into it - think we may have fun!

Mines a solo rake. If you haven't got a comb and want one I think you can get a pack with both in which is a bit cheaper.

newrider.com