Solo Hacking - happy happy happy :)

Skippys Mum

Nov 25, 2007
Scotland
As some of you will know, I have had major confidence issues with Arnie. Recently I managed to cope with hacking in company but I hadnt been able to go out on my own. I could get up and down the lane but that was as good as it got and even then I was terrified.

This morning, I went my usual sunday hack with my neighbour. We have a 3 mile circuit that we go round. So...... when we got back, I kept going ALL ALONE:D. I thought I would try a couple of hundred yards, then another and before I realised I was past the half way point so I just kept going and did the whole 3 miles again.

Even managed a few trots and a short canter - and 2 gates from horseback! I am now a very happy bunny and am very proud of my Arnold. I did have my camera with me but my nerve didnt extend to taking my hands off the reins and going into my pocket - maybe next time:eek:

My next challenge will be to see if I can do it without the company first time round:)

Wow that's fantastic !!! You tackled it the way I do to (you know i can be a nervous hacker on the roads). I tell myself - "I'll just hack to that tree" and then when we make it there without incident I decide to go a little further and before I know it i've gone further than I ever thought I could!

Really pleased for you!:D

never mind alone - cantering and gates?? your taking over me now!!;)

seriuosly, well done, solo hacking is very rewarding when its stress free so lets hope this will be a new year of adventures for K and arnie!!

You've overtaken me too now!!!! I cant even canter in company let alon on my own. Well done - very proud of you!!!!!!:)

I was riding around in a cloud of Pax spray Perkypinky:)

Funnily enough, I dont mind cantering alone - its walking I have the most trouble with. I managed to somersault right over his head at a walk one day and I still dont know what happened (felt like a complete t*t) so now I am very very nervous in walk - and he knows it! He gets all joggy and I get all panicky and it just goes pear shaped:eek:

Maybe by the end of the year I'll even be able to go into my school (yes I have a floodlit arena that I am too scared to use - god woman, get a grip here!!)

That sounds so fabby! i bet you are still grinning and so you should be:) I am just soooo jealous:p sit back and wallow in your achievement, you deserve to..........:)

L x

Well done - sounds like you both did really well. Sometimes spur of the moment desicions pay off!! :D

Here's to a good year for you and Arnie. :)

Yay!!!!

What brill news!!!

Agree with Joyscarer this is gonna be your year!! Cant wait for the ear shots!!

Nikki xxxx:D

newrider.com