Such Dipsticks

Sierra

Jan 15, 2009
Essex
Argh. My friend and I are complete idiots. When we were working at our old yard, everyone used to talk of this 'amazing' hacking route called the Dip. It was very hard to get to, with lots of riding on busy roads, so people very rarely went there. But it was so fantastic, that the route had almost reached legendary status.

Well. We know have Sugar and know that the Dip has to be around the area in which we were hacking. We explored for miles (and I mean miles. The hacking in Rayleigh is AMAZING), just looking everywhere for this fabulous trail. Eventually we gave up and phoned someone who had been there.

Turns out we had been riding over the Dip every time we left the yard and just hadn't realised it! It was quite a let down, very un-sepctacular compared to some of the new places we found.

Anyway, to make this post more interesting, I'll add some recent pictures of us out riding.
These couple of my friend Ruth riding.
NewPhoto-0054.jpg

NewPhoto-0055.jpg

And then these are with yours truly aboard :D

NewPhoto-0059.jpg

NewPhoto-0060.jpg

NewPhoto-0066.jpg

How annoying! but funny with it. :D

Sounds like you've found even better hacking routes than the legendary one just by looking for it though! It's fun to go exploring.

I used to hack around the Rettendon/South Woodham/Hanningfield areas so not far from you. Yes, lots of lovely hacking around those parts. Good gallopy places too!

Lovely horsey by the way!

newrider.com