Susies new wipe clean hi viz bridle

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
I got fed up of cleaning the hi viz covers on my bridles so thought I would experiment with Susies bridle with some yellow biothane.
It's very yellow and is brighter in real life than it looks on the pics, I think it looks quite nice :D

vky0n.jpg

I also made her some new reins using supergrip as her other ones are quite thin and not very grippy, the supergrip is a fab material it's really soft and supple in your hands, I'm not usually a fan of rubber reins but these are really nice.
14weo79.jpg

Not great pics as it's getting dark in my conservatory (and i'm rubbish at taking pics :shame:)

lovely :D

i think I'll have to call on your services with young appley next year!! biothane sounds just the ticket!! I hate looking after actual leather, I love bright colours and appley has (like all exmoors) a weirdly sized head!!

lovely :D

i think I'll have to call on your services with young appley next year!! biothane sounds just the ticket!! I hate looking after actual leather, I love bright colours and appley has (like all exmoors) a weirdly sized head!!

Maybe Silver is part exmoor then LOL... Bridles are a nightmare! A 12hh pony in a cob browband?! and small pony headpiece?!

Susie is a 12hh welsh section a and was using a small pony headpiece and cheeks (on the top hole with a sidepull noseband) and a full sized browband in a leather bridle!

She now wears a standard pony sized bridle made by myself.

Hi Viz

Hi No Angel

That is brilliant, I do use leather, but would you be able to make me a browband with the hi viz, that I could leave on the bridle all the time for example - I am sure that putting a biothane part with the leather would be OK???? Could you pm cost (I will check the size but I think it is full - I have a 14hh pony, with a big head!!).

Would there be any way you could make the reins with the hi viz backing too, even up to the grip part - that would be a good adaption of my lovely new leather bridle and make us seen too!

Also would you do a dog collar with the hi viz?

Lots of ideas.

She might be ridden on Monday or Tuesday so will get some pics of it on her then :happy:

My suppliers also do pink and orange, if her exercise sheet wasn't yellow I may have been tempted with pink for her

Last edited:
I tried to take some better photos of it today in the light but they weren't much better than the other ones, I did get a better picture of the browband though :biggrin:

23jllq8.jpg

Yesterday afternoon I got bored and decided to put a hi viz backing on Ceryns bridle as well, I had to make her a new noseband as I was using a bought one which wouldn't have worked.
I liked it so much I decided to do it on Shays as well, but Shays bridle wouldn't have worked so I switched him over to beta and made him a new bridle from purple beta, I need to order more ho viz material now to do Shay and Murfs bridles, and possibly breastplates as well.

Some of you asked for more pics so I took a few pics of Ceryns bridle on Pierre today (not a real horse but I will get some of those during the week)

ezhd3k.jpg

kcz6vc.jpg

Last edited:
newrider.com