Tigger, never a dull day!

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Just a wee hello from Tigger and me and a recommendation for anyone who wants the equivalent of a 4 legged toddler then a Tigger is the way to go!

Tigger and the bin :)

Tigger smiling :)

PicsArt_10-01-04.08.04.jpg PicsArt_10-01-04.05.08.jpg

Tigger and his weird sleeping places!

PicsArt_10-01-04.09.15.jpg PicsArt_10-01-04.08.51.jpg PicsArt_10-01-04.05.37.jpg

And a more comfy one :)

PicsArt_10-01-04.06.12.jpg

His silver horns after he had to have them cut!

PicsArt_10-01-04.07.14.jpg
PicsArt_10-01-04.06.48.jpg

And having a sleep over at home after as he wasnt quite himself from the sedation :)

PicsArt_10-01-04.07.41.jpg
PicsArt_10-01-04.18.03.jpg

And eating things that arent his :rolleyes:

I love him to pieces and my life is far better for having him in it :D

He is such a dude. How did you come to have him?

His mum rejected him J&Z

There is a small flock of Welsh blacks at work, his mum had his twin early morning. He didnt follow till hours later and she just wouldnt accept him. Nobody expected him to survive i was determined and im so glad he fought and did as just cant bear the thought of anything happening to him. He does not however realise he is a sheep. He is a dog in his mind having spent the 1st 7 weeks of his life living in the house with us and the dogs. He still now doesnt acknowledge sheep but gets so excited when he sees or hears a dog :D:rolleyes:

Jessey i spent a small fortune on making my field Tigger proof, i love sheep and find working with them very rewarding but he has definitely cost alot of money, not 1p is begrudged though :p id highly recommend sheep to anyone who has time and a place for them, time being important as the difference in them when handled and having time spent with them makes a huge difference. Even the stockman said he had never noticed just what large characters they have till Tigger but i spend time with the flock at work often and they really are alot of fun to be around :)

Love him. Must admit, it had never occurred to me to have a sheep as a pet, but he is obviously such a little character and you are clearly very attached to him, so there must be something to be said for it :D Great name too!

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
Dom and I have been watching This Farming Life and I did say that whilst I'm not a huge fan of sheep, that I reckoned if I had to hand-rear a teeny lamb, that I'd get quite attached to it. You are living proof of this, MM!!!

He’s such a cutie, I can see why you ‘bloody love’ him, love your accent too mm it reminds me so much of an old friend I had years ago

Thank you guys, Bodshi and Domane i am terribly attached to him, i have even been suprised at just how attatched i have become. I honestly never expected him to be such a wonderful little friend but thats what he is to me, he is genuinely so happy to see me and loves just being with you :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Thank you guys, Bodshi and Domane i am terribly attached to him, i have even been suprised at just how attatched i have become. I honestly never expected him to be such a wonderful little friend but thats what he is to me, he is genuinely so happy to see me and loves just being with you :)

He's awesome! That's so interesting how sheep have strong personalities like that. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Yes people think sheep are just sheep. But given a chance they all have individual personalities. Interesting you have just had to cut the horns. Did you have him on milk powder by any chance. That makes the horns turn in more.
I had one this year that got rejected by its mum. We had her in the dog crate in the kitchen for several weeks we called her Tiddles as every time we had to put her back in the dog crate she weed on the new towels we have just put in. It was hilarious as you knew each time she was going to wee. It took her a long time when i put her back with the sheep to recognise them but she has finally become a sheep. The only problem was my dog because she played with her as a lamb, cannot lift her now because Tiddles just stands in the field. So its more difficult to round them up now.

@chunky monkey he was bottle fed. His left hirn is actually fine but when he was about 4 weeks old his right one literally fell off leaving only the bud. Surprisingly it grew back well but it had deformed in shape and because of it the angle shifted slightly causing it to grow towards his skull behind his ear. I have since had it cut right down but he still has his right one. The vet just took a small portion off that one the first time incase but it causes no issues at all so we have left it. He is unique anyway so may as well have one horn :) Tigger stays in my field with my 2 horses and sees the dogs every day. I soend alot of time with him and he seems to enjoy the pony company. Not ideal as a flock animal but if had gone back to the flock he would go to market, no way thats happening and he genuinely seems hapoy amd content amd doesnt stress at all in the field :) isnt it funny, Tigger had a dog crate for 2 months at home, he taught himself ned time it was funny amd at about 5 weeks old he would go most of the night without messing his bed, he did however favour the sofa for wees :rolleyes::oops:
They have very strong personalities when you actually spend time with them and they are not stupid like many people believe. Tigger is actually prerry darn clever as are a good chunk of the rest of the herd and they have very good memories. They tend to go "stupid" under stress and sadly many sheep are placed in situations that put them under stress and they lose the ability to think imho amd this is wjat becomes the norm when working with them. Its sad but true.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com