Toggi long boots - delighted!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well, was delighted to find some Toggi Calgary long boots in our local tack shop - my lovely and generous OH insisted on buying them for me (he felt sorry for me cos my Mountain Horse ones are dead:rolleyes:) Anyway, so far so good, they fit like a glove, are lightweight and great to ride in! They are nice and streamlined around the leg part (I don't need my ample legs making any bigger thanks) and they are good grippers (its a mud bath in our field at the mo). Just thought I'd share, so any of you out there lookin for long boots in browny colour - these are worth a go! A good price too - cheaper than Mountain HOrse. :)

I am very useless at the moment about posting pics - I really really will try!!! I have to say I am very pleased with these boots tho - they are sooo comfy and I've worn them nearly every day!

I wish i could get a pair of long boots to fit me!:(
Im short in the lower leg.
Ive found all of them seem to cut into the back of my leg(back of knee)
I cant afford to have them made to measure and teenager one are slightly to small in the carf area:mad:
So i have to make do with chaps:(

I have short legs, but these Toggi ones don't cut the back of my leg as they are so soft and pliable! I can highly recommend them for comfort - they're not a show boot of course - but for everyday riding and yard work they're great.

I wish i could get a pair of long boots to fit me!:(
Im short in the lower leg.
Ive found all of them seem to cut into the back of my leg(back of knee)
I cant afford to have them made to measure and teenager one are slightly to small in the carf area:mad:
So i have to make do with chaps:(

Im really short but the Toggi Rubber ones are a good fit...

Im really short but the Toggi Rubber ones are a good fit...

I agree I have got these as well however the lining is now coming loose (after a years use ) and i would really like some leather boots but being 5ft 2 they all dig in the back of my leg-any suggestions welcome plse!
Thanks

I havr the short boots version in brown just bought them last sat, so far grand for trekking so this sun will test them for the hunt.
The bonus is I can wear them under with casual jeans which is great for riding and normal wear.
I want to get long version in black so far it seem only available in brown on the web is this correct?
Is the Harry Hall Ladies Faro similar to Toggi Long boots Calargy?

Yes, I saw some Harry Hall ones that look similar to the Calgary ones. As far as I know they are only available in brown - I love mine, I've even taken to saving them for "real life" (being as its coming winter) and they look good with jeans!

old thread but hey ho! iv got these boots recently and so far so good. any other reviews about them?

Well since posting this original thread - am sorry to say the zip has bust!!! I've really looked after them too (no wading through mud!) but I'm going to have it mended (hopefully) as I found them so comfy!

noooooo I can't believe the zip broke!!! :eek: does it cost much to get fixed?I have only worn mine once, so far, so good ;)

I've a pair of Toggi pull on's. They're a short whide however don't fit me. I was told when I went to have a fitting one day that I'm a 42 short wide, but in actual fact I'm more a 'regular' leg though still 'short' and only a size 40 foot!

They're a nice boot for every day use, but no good for in the show ring.

I also find mine had very little grip and nearly slipped over goodness knows how many times. Last time I nearly slipped was trying to load a shy loader onto the horse float and nearly went over backwards.

Wow, this is an oldie! I was annoyed really in the end as not just the zip broke but the sole started to part company with the leather upper after just a short while. I didn't bother to get them mended on this basis as I figured they'd not be waterproof and didn't want to shell out for having a new zip put in - specially as the footbed might part company even more! Such a shame tho, as they were a lovely looking boot - they have now become home to several mice inthe out-house at home........

Oh no! I have these exact same boots, bought them last year and so far so good... i really cannot afford to fork out on another pair if they break/split! fingers crossed! they are lovely boots though :)

Yes, they are sucha nice looking boot, and were ever so comfy too! I am gutted as its not often boots are so comfy right from the word go. I did contact Toggi when it happend (as they weren't very old) but they just referred me back to the tack shop where I got them and that was no good as they'd no more in stock and weren't ever likely to get any.

newrider.com