Treated Myself....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I feel sorry for the staff that Countrywide is closing, but I always found them over-priced anyway.....until today!

20180417_121258-600x1067.jpg

Got these beauties for £80....a reduction of £40 and I've wanted a pair of Storm Stoppers for EVAH but £120 seemed excessive, plus my legs were too fat until recently. I would have bought my usual CW neoprene lined wellies for £45, if they had still got them in my size....but the Ariats are SO much more comfortable and well worth the extra. Happy Janey...

Reactions: Lissie and Jessey
I love a bargain. I think my Ariats are worth the money, so hope yours are as well.
Mine were £80 so not sure on the difference. You look to have leather sides?

Yes it's awful for countrywide. I have had to find another source for my sheep and horse food. I saw a posting on facebook the other week saying they had had a delivery of sheep food. I rang up the next day to see if they had some but they had sold out.
I've stopped going there now as they just didn't have the things I needed but they did have some bargins. I wanted some stable mats and would have got some at discount but they had sold out. I hope that they don't close or that they get taken over. I like to be able to browse the shelves. At present for accessories I have to ring a company to find out if they stock what I need and they have to specially order in. Such a hassle although to be fair I haven't had to wait long for things and they do deliver.

What's a shame is we had a local company running our feed and tack store, been there for a long as I can remember. I always shopped there.
Then they got bought out by another company. All well and good until I started to hear we can't order that, best look online. And they weren't opening new accounts for anyone. Went mainly into clothes over practical horse stuff. And you would see people all wearing the same jodphurs!!!
I have to be honest I started getting into online shopping and my wormer from the vet.
Countrywide buys that shop and goes into administration!!

newrider.com