Treeless Saddles

LynneAC

Jun 26, 2003
UK
www.geocities.com
Not for me unfortunately :( but my friend has a 15' 2 WIDE cob and is looking for a new saddle. She's interested in the advertising blurb for the treeless saddles but doesn't know an awful lot about them. She mainly does flatwork and lower level dressage tests. Can anyone shed on light on them? I know that Heather is bringing one out soon but am pretty clueless about them myself.

Thanks

I have a Fitform, which I adore. It's pretty similar to the Dartmoor Treefree and the Torsion. None of which are supposed to be used in competition because the seat is seperate to the rest of the saddle. However, I fully intend to show at local level in mine, and if anyone argues, I'll tell them that it complies with the rule that it has to be of British or European manufacturing (made in Italy)

If she wants to be on the safe side, I'd advise her to go for a Freeform (not out yet but will retail at about £795) or a Heather Moffett Treeless.

I'm getting a Torsion soon, for my wide cobs. You can get further details at www.torsion-scotland.com, she doesn't just provide for Scotland either, but she's a friend of a friend and very helpful and you can ask her all the questions under the sun and she does a week try before you buy (no, i'm not on commission!)

The Torsion Dressage saddle is also approved by the Dressage Board.

I've pm'd you with some other details too.

I have a Fitform too, have had it for 2 years and mostly hack but also do basic flatwork and pop over the odd log and ditch in it. My horse loves it and so do I.

I've got a Freeform on order from Goldfinch, should hopefully be here by the end of April. There should be pics at www.goldfinch-endurance.co.uk. The saddle alone retails at £695 but they sell them as a package with a numnah and you also have the option of dressage leathers (buckle at the bottom near the stirrup iron).

remember you need a saddlecloth/pad to go with it as well, which adds to your cost. i ordered my barefoot (which should turn up soon!!!) directly from germany. the saddle, the special pad and the postage to the uk came to £350.

julia
x

Hello Chip. I wondered if you had to send away for your Torsion saddle? The only suppliers I have been able to find are Robinsons, but I am not happy about having one delivered by post, in case it isn't suitable for my horse and will have the problem of sending it back, assuming they would take it back that is.

From the pictures I have seen, and information I've read, they seem to be a very comfortable option for a horse, and light to to carry.

Would appreciate any advice?

Thank you

Roseanne

I was in touch with Torsion Saddlers today and I am told that they will send one out to me (I live in Epsom Downs area)to use over a long weekend, for £30.00 to cover courier, but that I must send a cheque for £400, which they will not cash until I confirm I want to keep the saddle. As there is a waiting list of approximately 4 weeks, I would be happier if they contacted me again to say when, the saddle is due to be delivered, and then wait until they receive my cheque for the £400.

Can those of you who have bought the Torsion tell me what procedures you had to go through (I would apparently fill in a form over the net, with details of address etc), how long you had to wait for the saddle to arrive, and if you had to send the cheque right away, regardless of the waiting list delay?

Would appreciate advice and comments.

Many thanks

Roseanne

Hi there is a german girl near Oxford who imports them I can get her phone number iff you like' she has icelandics so uses them all the time' I have a Torsion and love it to bits as do my horses'

LynneAC said:
Thank you, I'll check it out! All I need now is a horse of my own then I can buy one .....

What a difference a year makes!

Different user name, have my own horse AND have an SBS ... and, of course, they're no longer available for sale :(

My friend never did get an SBS, she ended up getting a treed! Oh, and she's a 'happy hacker' now too :)

Torsion suppliers

Take a trip to Barnstaple in North Devon, Barnstaple Horse & Pet Supplies keep several models in stock (I have a dressage and endurance).

Lacey

newrider.com