unidentifiable pain between front legs

Murphs

Oct 22, 2000
Pembrokeshire, West Wales
over last week or so my mare has been quite nasty about me brushing her down her chest and in between her front legs.

i only use a body brush or her face brush and have taken great care to ensure that she has no mud left where her girth goes. i have tried to find the source of the problembut cannot find any cuts, scabs or sores. i've bought her a comfort sleeve to go over the girth to seeif that helps but still getting the same response.

she's being clipped next week as her hair is now quite long - do you think this could be pulling?

Any other ideas? She's been fine all summer

If you can't find anything wrong then I think there could be a million and one reasons why she's being funny. I think it's worth waiting to see if she's any different after she's clipped and if she's better put it down as one of those things! i certainly can't think of any medical reason. There may even be something there (a fly bite or small scratch) that you won't see until she is clipped!

thanks Ponyvet, she's being clipped next week (that will be another saga as she does not like it one little bit). knowing Ebony she's sensed that its clip time and she's trying to delay it by making think there is something wrong. we'll see what happens next week!

newrider.com