Update on Me and Sox

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Well I thought i would update you all on how me and hop along are doing. :D
I'm pleased to say I am doing well. Though still have my ups and downs.
With sox I have been trying really hard to work him lightly (long reining) consistently. Which I had been doing up until two weeks ago when he ended up with a very stubborn abscess!!:mad::(
So I re started the work on Monday. Fresh isn't the word to describe how he was! He was certainly giving his breed a bad name. However in hindsight, he did his moves on the grass verge and when there was no traffic. As i am there getting dragged along and telling him to act his age! 12 Btw. Going to continue to increase the long reining if he is ok with it. Currently little turnout . His feet seem fine with the work.
So far so good.
Plan long term if possible, though with sox I don't do planning!!! Is some very low level dressage and some ridden showing which i think he will be great at :D As he shows off ( been quite flashy and working from his back end) and i 'sit there' looking pretty ( I wish!)
29258382_10159987708330167_702672218882048000_n[1].jpg

Missed your updates and Sox's handsome face. Fingers crossed for you he stays sound and well. I also think he'd look fabulous showing!

newrider.com