We have gone treeless!

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
And I absolutely love it - at the moment just trying a Solution Trail very, very kindly lent to me by @mystiquemalaika. Hip pain far less -much easier getting on and off and sooo comfy I cant believe it, I usually walk like John Wayne after an hours hack - now it is only the first few steps when I am first back on Terra Firma! :D

I have only done a few short hacks so far as Dolly is still pretty much low stamina, well until today but thats another story :eek: It seems to free up her shoulders completely and I love seeing them ahead of me swinging nice and loose and unimpeded - just like being bareback really in many ways. I have the use of it for a while yet so will see if it continues to suit us both so well and then will (gulp!!!) be saving my pennys to buy my own.

Would have reported yesterday Dolly is just as very quiet and low energy as she was with very slight improvement each hack.....until today - delighted to say she reversed backwards at great sped when she saw a newly felled branch in a neighbours field......spun like a spinning top when a silent cyclist crept up on us....jogged off down the lane when we turned for home - ears forward and happy and willing - I think my delightful spooky and opinionated old mare is back lol! Who would ever have thought her default settings when feeling full of herself could please me so much :rolleyes::DIMG_20180606_174130.jpg

You will be hunting for your own. :D
I bought my Sensation off her and it's lush, soft, comfy.
I have the formal and the cob loves it as well.
They do pop up from time to time secondhand.

What pad is under there? We use the grandeur without inserts currently as fine a saddle swap round. But usually pop in a thin one winter.

Really glad Dolly is feeling well.

What pad is under there? We use the grandeur without inserts currently as fine a saddle swap round. But usually pop in a thin one winter.

I have absolutely no idea - I sent Mystique several pics of the Doll at varying angles, including me hanging from the ceiling almost to try and get one down her spine towards her shoulders and the set up was all sorted for me by Jade:p...... I know one of them is a thin pad or some such?? Hopefully she will see this and give the proper description of what the set up is.

please, please let me know if you see any second hand - I think my kidneys are too old and withered to sell on these days! :oops::D

Reactions: mystiquemalaika
Your pics were grand @Cortrasna but I did laugh out loud at your email with them :p it's sensation though not a solution :D
The pad is a skito interpad(half pad basically) with 3/4" firm inserts in and there is also a thinline contour pad between it and the saddle @newforest. Catherine can pop her own pad underneath and I think it's allowed her a bit of shopping as well :p
So glad you are having positive feelings about it and that Dolly is showing her good old self again :)

Reactions: Cortrasna
Your pics were grand @Cortrasna but I did laugh out loud at your email with them :p it's sensation though not a solution :D
The pad is a skito interpad(half pad basically) with 3/4" firm inserts in and there is also a thinline contour pad between it and the saddle @newforest. Catherine can pop her own pad underneath and I think it's allowed her a bit of shopping as well :p
You know me and pads. :D

@Cortrasna will let you know if anything pings.
I am usually on the hunt for something for someone. It's a great excuse. :p

Very happy for you and Dolly. I have gone back to treeless too, I much prefer it to treed.

Would have reported yesterday Dolly is just as very quiet and low energy as she was with very slight improvement each hack.....until today - delighted to say she reversed backwards at great sped when she saw a newly felled branch in a neighbours field......spun like a spinning top when a silent cyclist crept up on us....jogged off down the lane when we turned for home - ears forward and happy and willing - I think my delightful spooky and opinionated old mare is back lol! Who would ever have thought her default settings when feeling full of herself could please me so much :rolleyes::DView attachment 93808

I know this feeling so well. I love it when Raf is a handful even though I shouldn't, it's just so nice to know that he's feeling well. Good for Dolly for giving your saddle a proper test too - it's important to make sure there's no slippage when a spin occurs :D

newrider.com