Weekend thread

Wow 600 bales!!!!! Now there was me getting over excited the other day - lol been able to persuade a local farmer to bale one of our patches we aren't using atm. He reckons we'll get fifty bales:Dhehehee, it will be nice to have them though!

Well it's all gone to pot and now won't have any hay after all. Ive spent this evening collecting my mum from the drs and taking her to hospital after she was told she couldn't drive. Then had to get someone to drop me back at the drs to then pick up her car.
Then when I got home brother and i have basically had a massive arguement and he has downed his tools and told me to find someone else to do the hay.
Just had a phone call from mum to say they are keeping her in to monitor as her heart rate is very irratic and then beats 3 times faster than it should be.
To be honest with the problems my brother has been causing recently it's no wonder she is bad. He's basically told me tonight that the issues are her own doing and he doesn't care. Families hey.
So right now I don't really know what the future holds. Strong possibility we will end up selling all the animals and the farm. I will have to sell the horses as I wont be able to afford to keep them. With my mum's health the way it's been recently I am fearing that she's not going to be with us much longer either. I'm trying not to think this way but....
Tonight is going to be a sleepless night, my head is pounding just now.

I am currently in route to visit my parents who had a huge fire in their outbuildings that my brother uses to store his work goods. They are very lucky the house didn’t catch fire and my mum is very shaken up. At least it gives me a few hours to sit and stare at my phone as there will abe lots of sorting out to do when we get there. My husband is driving!

Well it's all gone to pot and now won't have any hay after all. Ive spent this evening collecting my mum from the drs and taking her to hospital after she was told she couldn't drive. Then had to get someone to drop me back at the drs to then pick up her car.
Then when I got home brother and i have basically had a massive arguement and he has downed his tools and told me to find someone else to do the hay.
Just had a phone call from mum to say they are keeping her in to monitor as her heart rate is very irratic and then beats 3 times faster than it should be.
To be honest with the problems my brother has been causing recently it's no wonder she is bad. He's basically told me tonight that the issues are her own doing and he doesn't care. Families hey.
So right now I don't really know what the future holds. Strong possibility we will end up selling all the animals and the farm. I will have to sell the horses as I wont be able to afford to keep them. With my mum's health the way it's been recently I am fearing that she's not going to be with us much longer either. I'm trying not to think this way but....
So sorry to read about you having such a stressful time. Hopefully things don't look so bad this morning? How is your mum , any improvement?

Oh no:(
Vibes for your mum, it sounds like you have way too much on your plate right now. Hmm. Do you think it's your brothers way of dealing with your mum being so ill? Maybe he will calm down and see things sensibly later on ??? Hassle city for you. I hope something sorts out - it is not clear cut when you have animals and responsibility either.

I am currently in route to visit my parents who had a huge fire in their outbuildings that my brother uses to store his work goods. They are very lucky the house didn’t catch fire and my mum is very shaken up. At least it gives me a few hours to sit and stare at my phone as there will abe lots of sorting out to do when we get there. My husband is driving!

Eeek. Sounds scary. Lots of vibes for your mum, anything like that is very upsetting.

image.jpeg Well the weather is most definitely not mediterranean out there, but Mr Trews made a light breakfast:D
Well, we have to pretend it's summer:p

Reactions: MrA
Thanks for the coffee reminder. I made a coffee at 5 this morning when I couldn't sleep. That then went cold so I topped it up at 10, so had a luke warm one. Was going to make one two hours ago but came home to find someone has put a hole in the wall so I cleared that mess up and went out again to do some sheep foot trimming. Really don't know what I'm doing today. Tried ringing my mum but no reply. Im sure the hospital will ring if there was a problem. So hoping no news is good news. Right putting the kettle on now, whilst I make a list of what calves I'm weaning tomorrow.

Thanks for the coffee reminder. I made a coffee at 5 this morning when I couldn't sleep. That then went cold so I topped it up at 10, so had a luke warm one. Was going to make one two hours ago but came home to find someone has put a hole in the wall so I cleared that mess up and went out again to do some sheep foot trimming. Really don't know what I'm doing today. Tried ringing my mum but no reply. Im sure the hospital will ring if there was a problem. So hoping no news is good news. Right putting the kettle on now, whilst I make a list of what calves I'm weaning tomorrow.

Oh yes I'm sure the hospital will ring if there is anything you need to know about. Try and have a nap, sounds like you could do with one.

Hope things look better for you soon, so sorry you are going through so much

How scary! Hope they were okay!

newrider.com