what you having for New Year Dinner :) ( add a photo if you want)

What a super thread!!,
Well Mr T treated me to a full turkey dinner last night, so today we will have the same again, only with chips as well as the veg and stuffing. I'll see if I can find piccies from last night!

Mini cooked sausage rolls for lunch and dinner will just be chicken and veg as I'll feel guilty about the lunch! If I'm hungry after I'll have hard boiled eggs as I'm addicted to them at the moment!

We've nothing special planned for dinner today but as we spent time between Christmas and NY sorting out, redecorating and buying new furniture for our dining room I decided we should christen it with a 'Greek feast' last night, I love Greek cooking, so simple but delicious - we had Greek style roast chicken with roasted Peppers, cooked in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, plus Greek style potatoes ( kind of roasted, with onion, garlic, tomatoes, black pepper, cumin and cinnamon. Accompanied by a big bowl of Greek salad and Riganada to start. It was colourful and delicious, were having a made up concoction with the leftovers for dinner tonight.

Gammon, roasted potatoes and parsnip, peas and green beans. Strawberry cheesecake with clotted cream. Except it was lunch, not dinner!

Last edited:
We've nothing special planned for dinner today but as we spent time between Christmas and NY sorting out, redecorating and buying new furniture for our dining room I decided we should christen it with a 'Greek feast' last night, I love Greek cooking, so simple but delicious - we had Greek style roast chicken with roasted Peppers, cooked in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, plus Greek style potatoes ( kind of roasted, with onion, garlic, tomatoes, black pepper, cumin and cinnamon. Accompanied by a big bowl of Greek salad and Riganada to start. It was colourful and delicious, were having a made up concoction with the leftovers for dinner tonight.

Now that sounds delicious!

Well I am sitting here full of turkey t cakes and goodwill:DJust looked out the kitchen side window and spotted my lovely old Chloe with head hanging out her door, wobbly bottom lip looking about has chilled and happy as it can get. The other two are no doubt laid flat out snoozing too. What a wonderful start to the year:)

Reactions: Kite_Rider
We had a nice dinner last night, a big piece of salmon fillet wrapped in filo pastry with spinach, pine nuts and goat's cheese; we just had it with a salad on the side, because I have made the most AMAZING tiramisu and we needed plenty of space for it!

I cooked a Nigella Lawson ginger ham with a sweet potato dauphinoise and creamed spinach. Pudding was another Nigella special, passion fruit ice cream cake with coconut caramel sauce. We had a cheese platter mid afternoon then just had heated up leftovers for tea. As I've guests i didnt get my horsey time this afternoon, I'd planned to ride, so a bit annoyed about that but with all that food not sure I'd have managed to get on!

OH is cooking steak and his own special twice baked oven chips as I type this. Not sure whether itself peas or tomatoes and mushrooms to go with it. I'm so hungry I could eat a scabby donkey. From tomorrow no more sugary treats for me, got to get back to pre-Christmas eating.

Reactions: Trewsers
We essentially have another Christmas dinner! Although, being a vegan, I obvioudly don't have the meat - I had nutroast and fake turkey :)

Chucked together a roast....chicken, spuds, parsnips, broccoli, sprouts and peas.... but bought a pack of pigs in blankets to make it "special" for new year :p

Whilst I was loitering at the yard this morning and then subsequently riding this afternoon, in my prolonged absence Dom took all the Crimbo decs down for me, so I didn't mind cooking him a roastie.... Diamond geezer :)

After moving I haven't yet stocked the cupboards or freezer, just brought a few bits to tide me over then with parents visiting on Sunday didn't make it to a shop before they closed for new year, so I had a jacket spud, beans and veggie sausages.
@Jane&Ziggy your salmon sounds fab, I cheat and buy the salmon Wellington in Aldi's normally :p

Leftovers! Finishing up all the Christmas food and drink with the help of some friends.

Reactions: domane
newrider.com