What's Your Weather

Well it's been 30 degrees and wall to wall sunshine where I am. Bit breezy right now so the sea is bouncing quite noisily on the pebbles just below the patio. Having a leisurely coffee before showering the salt and sun cream off and heading 50 yards down the beach to the taverna for a simple but tasty evening meal with plenty of rustic Greek wine. Bliss ... but I can't help wondering what the ground conditions are back home so that I can plan my rides for as soon as we get back.

Well it's been 30 degrees and wall to wall sunshine where I am. Bit breezy right now so the sea is bouncing quite noisily on the pebbles just below the patio. Having a leisurely coffee before showering the salt and sun cream off and heading 50 yards down the beach to the taverna for a simple but tasty evening meal with plenty of rustic Greek wine. Bliss ... but I can't help wondering what the ground conditions are back home so that I can plan my rides for as soon as we get back.
Oh I am envious ;):D Lots of heavy showers here :(

Reactions: Bodshi
Common sense isn't common.
Watched the lifeguard battle with the waves to go out and tell a surfer that's it unsafe to be out and to get in!
The red flag was flying on the wall. :mad::mad:

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Lucky girl, I'm off next week but temps start dropping to around 25/26 I can live with that, are you on Zante by any chance?

Lucky girl, I'm off next week but temps start dropping to around 25/26 I can live with that, are you on Zante by any chance?
We are. TBH it's hotter here than we're used to - we come in September partly because OH doesn't like it too hot but he's managing :)

Hope you enjoy your holiday, is it Kefalonia? (Which we have a lovely view of) :D

We are. TBH it's hotter here than we're used to - we come in September partly because OH doesn't like it too hot but he's managing :)

Hope you enjoy your holiday, is it Kefalonia? (Which we have a lovely view of) :D

It is, how did you guess ha ha, we always go in September, purely because there are less children around, not that I've anything against them, just prefer peace and quiet these days, we are a week later than normal and it's always high 20's low 30's as a rule, I don't mind the heat as long as I have a pool nearby or the sea. Can't wait :) well you enjoy all that gorgeous Greek food, wine and hospitality. :D

Reactions: Bodshi
We had a very hot weekend here. I was glued to weather forecasts to see the track of JOSE.

Thankfully the cone of uncertainty is pulling a bit further away from us.
But its going to do another odd loop near us:confused:.
IMG_9898.JPG

WE are OUT of the warnings for the worse of it not that it will
be peachy keen here either.
IMG_9896.JPG

Coastal areas are going to take a big hit with beach erosion
and coastal flooding. We can probably handle the several inches rain expected here. I just hope the winds are not too bad.:(

I am not taking any chances to possible power outages though
and filling up the (new clean) trash cans I had set up for watering they could be used for water for the animals.
It cant hurt to fill up the bathtub as well for water for toilet flushing..
This little village has its own power/water company which is
very unusual.......
I hope we don't have to find out how good they really are.....

Please send vibes I'm very much on pins and needles.

On an unusual note
This was found walking along the road only about 3miles from our 33 acres next town over.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
It was very close heading to a campground POND!!!

We have lots of wildlife around here but not these:confused:.

IMG_9904.JPG

HMMM makes you wonder if its been living in that pond
all summer!!:eek::eek:

newrider.com