Would you let the Queen ride your horse?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Bit of fun thread without being disrespectful.

I happened to comment to my friend that the cob had been really good to school today. She wasn't distracted. Think glance and go as oppose to gawp, slow and stop dead.
But my friend smiled and said " yes but you wouldn't put the queen on her would you" :D
Um, probably not because she might do something silly.

Reactions: domane
Without a doubt - she's welcome to ride Zi any time!!! Storm I aren't so sure about, even if she was sound enough. I'd worry that she'd show me up and do something really naughty!!!:p:oops:

Reactions: joellie
A big fat no! Lottie already has been given the nickname Lightning Lottie from the other liveries :p she's totally not spooky though, hasn't spooked with me once yet, and we've met wheelie bins, clicking electric fences, dogs running out and jumping up at her and she just carries on marching. But no she wouldn't suitable for the queen she's too rough and ready lol the queen would probably hate her. On the hand my little Connie yes, he was always extremely very well behaved.

Reactions: domane
Absolutely I would, in fact I'd love the queen to take Belle out for a wee pootle :) although as @chunky monkey said I'd be put to shame as I'm sure she's a much better rider than me.

Only if she wore a proper riding hat! :p Not because I don't trust Gracie, but her maj is knocking on a bit now and one's royal headscarf just doesn't cut it, in my humble, lowly opinion!

I trust the Queen to ride Tór, I am just not sure what he'd do to her! Fákur would look after her.

Reactions: Trewsers
If she wanted to I'd oblige, though I'd be crapping myself the whole time, but she's a very accomplished rider so I'm sure shed be fine :D

I do wonder if mine is a tad too wide just now. But the ideal height, we have a great mounting block.

I don't doubt her ability one bit but crapping myself wouldn't cover it.

I do wonder if mine is a tad too wide just now. But the ideal height, we have a great mounting block.

I don't doubt her ability one bit but crapping myself wouldn't cover it.

I think that since she's normally seen on Highlands or Fells sitting astride a wide pony isn't a problem for her

Reactions: Kite_Rider
No sorry, But as lovely a rider as she is she weighs to much for Albi and he is far to sharp still.

Edited to add that it is not her horsemanship skills I doubt it is her reaction time to a 180 rear spin. Ive seen Albi loss a fair few with that move and believe me sometimes you don't see it coming.

@OwnedbyChanter is Albi a very light weight or has he got problems? I only ask because I wouldn't have thought the Queen was a heavy rider, not by a long way.

No sorry, But as lovely a rider as she is she weighs to much for Albi and he is far to sharp still.

Edited to add that it is not her horsemanship skills I doubt it is her reaction time to a 180 rear spin. Ive seen Albi loss a fair few with that move and believe me sometimes you don't see it coming.

I seemed to have missed this update?!

And she would be welcome to ride madam... if she could ever catch her!!

@OwnedbyChanter is Albi a very light weight or has he got problems? I only ask because I wouldn't have thought the Queen was a heavy rider, not by a long way.[/QU

No he does not have any problems he is very fit and healthy he is a very fine TB but I believe the Queen with respect may weigh above 12 stone which is the limit that I would allow on my horse whether the rider is experienced and 14 stone but I would also not allow a novice to ride him even if they weighed 8 stone. If she was below that I still would not allow it as he is very slight of shoulder and as stated very sharp not a lot to cling to and your reaction have to be very fast and at over 90 and although in excellent health is no longer as nibble as she once was. When he is good he is angelic but when not in mood not so it would be a risk I would not take with our monarch.

newrider.com