Would you let the Queen ride your horse?

I've just had to google 'how much does the Queen weigh' and the general consensus is that she is 5' 4" and weighs around 11 stone. I was surprised TBH as I thought she was much smaller than that. Random fact of the day :D

I've just had to google 'how much does the Queen weigh' and the general consensus is that she is 5' 4" and weighs around 11 stone. I was surprised TBH as I thought she was much smaller than that. Random fact of the day :D
Sorry that made me giggle. What things can be Googled these days.
Since I haven't met her in real life I can only go by the media. But I would have had her taller though.

Gosh one is slightly lighter than ma'am. I wonder if she had issues with getting jodphurs to fit like me though!

I actually dispute that height thing completely! :O My OH and I have been lucky enough to be in very close proximity to her on two occasions - I am 5'4" and she was considerably shorter than I am and Mr. C who is (well was - old age has shrunk him a bit lol!) 6'2" said she was the daintiest little woman he ever looked down on and would defend her with his life - he is English/German though so one would expect that sort of ridiculous mis placed chivalry from him I guess! :D:D

I have just re read that and it does sound slightly disrespectful to your Queen - I truly didn't mean it like that - more disrespect for silly old Mr. C imagining an ageing old fart like himself can ineffectually flounder about protecting her Maj when she has the whole British army and police force to look after her. Just clarifying. ;):p

Last edited:
Is she not the queen to Ireland as well.
Gosh now I sound really thick!!

OMG Nf!!!:D Queen to the North of course but to those of us south of that border very definitely not out Queen, we are a republic and very proud of it as it is a very hard won status and to get to this point in history was a very sad and sorry tale for both sides of that horrible border - really wish that wasn't so but that is the reality here and has been for many decades now ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
Sorry gingers real name is al biruni so albi but I have always called him ginger on hear.

Well she is lighter than I thought but I'm still a no afraid not to the riding

Sorry gingers real name is al biruni so albi but I have always called him ginger on hear.

Well she is lighter than I thought but I'm still a no afraid not to the riding

Just being nosey, what is the heaviest he should or could or would carry? I know nothing at all about tb's that are built like him (mr j was tb crossed with hanoverian). Just being nosey really!

Just being nosey, what is the heaviest he should or could or would carry? I know nothing at all about tb's that are built like him (mr j was tb crossed with hanoverian). Just being nosey really!
Just my choice but no one above 12 stone. I know they say they can carry more but bit just because they can doesn't mean they have too. I am super careful with his back hence physio every eight to ten weeks. He has no back issues at all and that's how I would like to keep it.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com