Wowie! What a difference! Thank you Heather!!

Nickie

Happy and Horse Mad
Hi all!

Just wanted to say - I have been fighting with sorting out a 'correct riding position' for months. I can't get my legs back and sit straight. I've tried stirrup lengths, I have tried working without stirrups to improve it, I have tried excersises - the lot.

Last night I tried a friends Seat Bone saver - as designed by our own Heather Moffett! and hey presto! One nigh on perfect seat!

And to add to that - a suddenly responsive, happy and more forward going horse! :D wowowowow!!

I have been sharing Bren for about 6 months now and we have had some horrid times and some absolutely awful times. His recent trick is spinning and reversing at every speed possible! Well last night he span - I sat straight used my legs and he listened! I have done the EXACTLY the same things before without the seat saver and have decided that as last night we got a result it HAS to be because my legs were in the correct position to give the aid. And we now know what caused the sudden correction of position. So THANK YOU HEATHER!!!!

I have been told Bren knows a lot of things - like shoulder in, change of rein but I have never been able to get him to listen enough to even try them before - just getting forward going ness in the three gaits was enough - well last night we also got out first shoulder in!!! :D :D :D :D

It wasn't perfect as he is very unfit and still a bit un supple even though we do loads of circles and serpentines but it was the biggest effort he has ever made for me. I even phoned his owner in sheer joy to tell her and she was as surprised as me! He got some apple treats last night too for being so wonderful.

I know his owner is going to start doing a bit more with him now I seem to have found the answer so who knows where we;ll be in another few months!! :D

I'm soo happy!!

It's one day like this that makes up for all the days of nightmareish bitting, spinning, bolting, taking off, refusals to stop, etc etc ......

Its days like that that make me glad I came back to riding!

Nicola :cool:

PS - yes am rushing out at the weekend to buy a Seatbone Saver!! Even a day to wait for a delivery would be too long for me now! Sorry Mike!! ;)

Well done Nickie

I know you could do it :)

May I see a picture of you and Bren if you not mind?

HI Nickie,

Well!!!! I have had some lovely comments about the SBS before but I think yours has just topped the lot!! Thanks for the feedback and so glad it has helped.

Heather

newrider.com