Your top money saving ideas...

Hevz2001

Horse Lover
I was wondering if everyone could post one of their favourite tips on here!
Mine is: Everytime I lose a glove, I put it in a drawer and eventually the other half of the pair turns up somewhere. Although I normally end up with one navy glove and one black one or something, it has saved me quite alot of money!

Give up riding and never buy a horse!:D ;)

Alternatively, don't buy anything other than essentials for yourself or your horse on impulse- think about every purchase and discuss it with other horsey people for at least two weeks before buying it- if you still want or need it after two weeks then buy it- if you havent already spent the money on essentials like feed and shavings!!:D

Use baby oil to tame mad shetland manes instead of spending hours with expensive conditioners that just make it frizzier! Some of mine have seriously big hair:D :D Even gel doesn't work, but baby oil works a treat - just don't use it in a class where anyone is going to touch their hair - judges tend not to like big oil stains on their clothes:D :D :D

Deep litter your bed. Shavings cost me £2.50 a week.

If you have to mix a powder in to your food (I use biotin), instead of using oil or molasses, use a cup of water.

Socks are something I NEVER have trouble with, I just buy the same sort, to heck with the colour, nobody in our house ever wears matching socks, one white and one blue, who cares? it's still a pair of socks.

I tweak the nose of the dreaded sock eating monster and laugh in his face! let him do his worst!:D ;)

newrider.com
Back