your welsh cobs

picture.php
This is my welsh pony of cob type. Her lines include Parc Sir Ivor, Nebo Black Magic,Parc Marvel a couple of Derwens and Ffoslas lol couldnt get link to her allbreed pedigree 2copy:( her real names gems lilia but 2me shes lilyvanily.
picture.php

Sugar Loaf?

Does anyone own a Welsh section D with the prefix Sugar Loaf in their name? Mine has the name Sugar Loaf Dancer, sire was Sugar Loaf Dynamite and dam was Sugar Loaf Smart Lady. Any more Sugar Loafs out there? I think the name may be derived from the Sugar Loaf Mountain in Abergavenny in Monmouthshire. I have been unable to trace his ancestry online up to now. He was bred at Tir William James Farm in Crickhowell.......a true Welsh boy! Apparently I'm also 1/16th Welsh, thanks to my great grandad who was from North Wales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is Morse (Maesymors Tango) who I sold in June and a picture of his Dad, Synod Robert Black. Morse had fantastic bloodlines including Synod,Derwen, Nebo and Parc.

Attachments

• Morse_in_yard_130808[1].jpg
    Morse_in_yard_130808[1].jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Morse_in_Yard_3_130808[1].jpg
    Morse_in_Yard_3_130808[1].jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 23
  • srobblack2.jpg
    srobblack2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 20
my Welsh D is called Marlais Gwanwyn. He is by Maesmynach Flyer who is by Llanarth Black Magic who is by Derwen Black Magic who is by Nebo Black Magic. His mum was Marlais Myfanwy who was by Llanarth Braint.

This is him:

96335346DIKpWA_ph.jpg

hes my blossoms dad too. :D

My lad

Llainbanal kelt AKA Tequila

oct_009.jpg

Sire- Treweryll carlam

Grand sire- Treweryll jet

Dam- Llainbanal Brenda

Dam sire- Wedros Daniel

Can't find info of the llainbanal stud don't know alot about his breeding tbh!!

Will get a pic tomorrow of my friend's Welsh cob: she is the prettiest horse I think I've ever seen (Beau looks like a right lump next to her!). She's very fine, very fit, worked thoroughly, but a demon to catch for her owner. She strolled up to me in the field as I was on the way to catch Beau in tonight, so I grabbed her and took her in-gorgeous pony, 14.2.

My first sec d Peniarth Polyanthus was a palomino mare by Rhystdd express whos by Nebo Daniel, out of Middleton Bronze who was by Llanarth Braint. I bought her as a 10 year old unbroken broodmare, she was the easiest horse in the world, we had 10 fantastic years together but she sadly died in 2007 at 19 years old.
My next and current 'D' is Llethonow Delilah, she is by Derwen Royal Express who is by Derwen Railway Express, who is by Nebo Black Magic, dam is Vernal mist whos by Trevallion Dafydd, she also has tyhen comet,cahn dafydd, llanarth braint,hendy brenin, derwen rosina and many more well known names going back 4 generations. She is very much an old fashioned type of d, 15.2hh with a huge amount of bone and plenty of feather, nice head with huge eyes, shes just a bit long in the back !!!

well i know i again late with this post - story of my life that is :)

but i have just seen amy-lou cob and did a double take

here is my lad

047-1-1.jpg

his name is AFONAERON DANNY BOY - stable name kash

Sire - Hwylog Neptune
Dam -Penboyr Morwen
who was born on 19th may 2003

cant believe how much he looks like amy lou's horse

Hehe they do look alike though Tequila has a white splash under his belly (has to be different)
Tequila's slightly younger his DOB is 15th May 2005 :D

yay!! more Glanvyrnwys!! my geldings name is Glanvyrnwy Flach, his sire is Synod Ramsay and his dam is Glanvyrnwy Desire who sadly passed away in January.

I sold my first horse Glanvyrnwy Red Express last year as he was a bit of a bugger! Was a stunner though, had to do a double take at your pony, thought you'd bought mine!!

P1010407.jpg

P1010450.jpg

P1010412.jpg

I apologise for my position in this picture- I had a bad back and was feeling very tense as it was our first time out on the road. It was also a crap BP, I didn't know how to put boots on and my hat silk had ripped :rolleyes:

Also if anyone has any info on him please PM me, as I'm desperate to find him.

Last edited:
Sugar Loaf?

Does anyone own a Welsh section D with the prefix Sugar Loaf in their name? Mine has the name Sugar Loaf Dancer, sire was Sugar Loaf Dynamite and dam was Sugar Loaf Smart Lady. Any more Sugar Loafs out there? I think the name may be derived from the Sugar Loaf Mountain in Abergavenny in Monmouthshire. I have been unable to trace his ancestry online up to now. He was bred at Tir William James Farm in Crickhowell.......a true Welsh boy! Apparently I'm also 1/16th Welsh, thanks to my great grandad who was from North Wales.
One of my friends own one! His stable name is Tango but his full name is Sugarloaf Brenin Express!!!

newrider.com