Zing???

I was going to get Shearer one of their lightweight turnout rugs a little while ago but i didn't like the colour and it seemed a bit too cheap if you get what i mean! Especially for a pony like Shearer who destroys rugs like god knows what!

Yeh, I had a zing rug for my old horse which was OK on him, although a bit on the shallow cut side. I gave it to another NR & it rubbed his horse, it was very snug around her shoulder from what I could see. My saddlery told me they are actually old-style Masta rugs re-branded, so if your horse fits a Masta maybe you'll be OK.

seems a bit too cheap to be honest. also, id be concerened at the lack of info given about each rug. materials, weights, buckles, motifs, surcingle patterns etc. id also be suspicious of not having a good pic of each rug.

If you want something like that rideaway are doing a VERY reasonable weatherbeeta one which i have. its great for the £70 it cost (reduced to about £55 now) with a turnout, stable and fleece in. curly is attired in the fleece and stable rug right now!

Zing are made by Masta. Fabric quality is pretty much the same on the standard rugs. They're the "economy" range, just like Weatherbeeta do Saxon. Nothing wrong with them.

We sell them at work, they are masta rugs and of reasonable quality, at my place you get a head collar and lead rope as well as fleece, turnout and stable rug. I know a few people who have them and are quite good if you just want something cheap.

I got a second hand MW for Tess, seemed an OK fit but it ended up rubbing her and did have a tendency to slip back. Swapped her into a 6'3" rug and she's been fine ever since. It seemed fine otherwise.

hey

at my yard we have just got some zing rugs, i have a medium sized neck cover and it is huge - much bigger than my medium sized masta neck cover :confused:

my friend also has a small sized neck cover which is v. small and she also has a standar cut rug which atm seems ok apart from the middle D ring has fallen of and also the neck cover attatchments dont fit correctly on to the rug D rings (not in line - both are zing) and the rug is only 5ft3.

hope this helps

lozzie and pinxx

newrider.com